Vascular Sonographer Reg SP SG WG - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$30 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Vascular Sonographer functions under the direction of the System Manager or Chief Technologist and is responsible for performing all vascular imaging including: 2D scans, duplex imaging, Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) with and without exercise, and doppler studies. Performs measurements and calculations according to laboratory protocol, provides written or an oral summary of preliminary findings to the interpreting Physician. Is responsible for the safety and well-being of all patients in the department. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with the patient(s) and health care team, must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Must be available to take call, work weekends and Holidays on a rotating basis.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required or
- equivalent from accredited program Required and
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography program or an accredited Cardiovascular Technology program Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Successful completion of a Sonography Training Program Required and
- Minimum 1 year clinical experience. Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills because this position requires frequent verbal and written communications with: physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing staff. The employee obtains, presents and discusses clinical information regarding job responsibilities on a routine basis. Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to maintain goodwill and obtain cooperation with all contacts. Must possess the ability to function independently and under pressure while still actively participating in a team environment. Position requires the employee to exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced work environment. Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately. Must be detail oriented and have the capacity to effectively multitask throughout the work shift. Must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to interact professionally with a variety of ?customers?, including but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and physicians throughout the work shift. Must possess the ability to function independently, yet productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams associated with the position. Must be compliant, with a willingness to follow all Hospital policies as well as the established practices, protocols and procedures of the position, department and applicable professional standards.
- Must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department per department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Proficient in the performance of all aspects of vascular ultrasound. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
- Competent in all aspects of Vascular Ultrasound, patient positioning, exposure factors. Must understand anatomy and pathology and how they affect the quality of a procedure.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Registered Medical Sonographer Required
- ARRT Vascular Sonography Required
- Reg Vascular Specialist Required
- Reg Vascular Technologist Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required