est. per hourStability Direct • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Museum of Science • 22h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSunbelt Staffing • 15h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSoliant • 15h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourKey Autism Services • 22h ago Excellent payUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Garuda Therapeutics, Inc. • 22h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPrecision Scans Inc • 22h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourMass General Brigham • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourOphthalmic Consultants of Boston • 22h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Senior Scientist Stromal Immunology - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: .Position: Senior Scientist, Discovery ImmunologyLocation: Cambridge, MA, Lawrenceville, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Immunology and Cardiovascular (ICV) Thematic Research Center (TRC) at BMS is one of the fundamental Research and Early Development (R&ED) units delivering therapeutics to patients. Our mission is to create transformative medicines of tomorrow based on the cutting-edge science of today. We leverage BMS’s internal innovation engine that includes industry-leading expertise in small molecule chemistry, protein biotherapeutics, cell therapy, protein degradation, nucleic acids, and other therapeutic modalities. We work closely with our R&ED colleagues in clinical and non-clinical development, project leadership, translational medicine, and informatics to advance therapies based on a deep understanding of causal human biology. Furthermore, we collaborate across the biopharmaceutical ecosystem to establish partnerships that complement our internal expertise.
BMS Discovery Immunology offers a highly energetic, vibrant and dynamic environment for you to take your career to the next level. If you are eager to learn and apply cutting-edge techniques, love to collaborate cross-functionally and perform exciting research that really makes a difference for patients, apply now to join us!
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist with expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, and drug discovery. This role will focus on drug discovery within the area of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate will drive initiatives and execute on target identification and validation, elucidating drug mechanism of action, molecular basis of disease, and assessment/development of novel modalities. The desired candidate will be well-versed in immunology, cell biology, and primary cell culture techniques to support projects from inception through delivery of clinical candidates. Specially the ideal candidate will have experience isolating, characterizing, and culturing primary stromal cells from both normal and diseased tissue (including skin and gut) and co-culturing of primary human stromal cells, in particular fibroblasts, with immune cells under a variety of inflammatory conditions in the laboratory. A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently in a matrixed environment as part of a larger team is required.
- Isolate, characterize and qualify stromal and immune cells from normal and diseased tissue. Culture and co-culture primary stromal, especially fibroblasts, and immune cells under a variety of conditions.
- Develop, trouble-shoot and perform primary stromal cell and co-culture experiments.
- This role will be lab based and will use readouts such as flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, imaging, immunoprecipitation, qPCR, RNA-seq, etc. to drive early discovery efforts.
- Contribute to initiatives related to identification and validation of new drug targets. Develop therapeutic hypotheses for autoimmune disease(s) based on human genetics, literature discoveries, and in vitro, in vivo, clinical, and translational data.
- Collaborate alongside a cross-functional team that includes immunologists, (computational) chemists, biochemists, in vivo biologists, and transcriptomics and proteomics experts to discover new targets, derive new biological mechanistic insights, and support programs through target identification, validation, lead optimization and candidate delivery.
- Design cross-disciplinary experiments within project teams to enable the progression of therapeutic candidates through the drug discovery pipeline. Work in a highly matrixed team environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, record keeping, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills. Represent Discovery Immunology on program or project (core) teams.
- Travel will be less than 10% of the time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of academic and / or industry experience
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of academic and / or industry experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree in the Life Sciences
- 2+ of academic and / or industry experience
- A Ph.D. degree in the field of cell biology, immunology, or related scientific discipline with more than 2 years of post-doctoral training or industry experience relevant to the job description, or a master’s degree with more than 6 years of post-degree research experience in stromal cell biology.
- Research experience in stromal cell biology and immunology is required. Experience in using and interpreting single cell transcriptomic data is desired.
- Extensive hands-on experience in isolation, characterization, and culturing of stromal cells, especially primary human fibroblasts, is required.
- Expertise in assay development with a variety of readout technologies including flow cytometry, multiplex assay platforms, qPCR, and/or imaging is strongly desired.
- A sophisticated understanding of experimental design and the ability to identify scientific problems as well as potential solutions
- A clear track record of scientific accomplishments and evidence of sustained independent thinking and creativity in developing novel scientific ideas and technologies
- Ability to understand and interpret large multi-dimensional (e.g. multi-OMICs) datasets is desired.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to . Visit to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.