CHEF MANAGER - FISD - DEDHAM, MA
| Verified Pay ||$70000 - $75000 per year|
|Location|| 90 sandy valley rd |
About this job
Position Title: CHEF MANAGER - FISD - DEDHAM, MA
Pay Grade: 13
Salary: $70000 - $75000 / year
Flik Independent School Dining has been leading the way in transforming private and independent school foodservice across 300 communities for over four decades. Our passionate team of associates is fully committed to delivering exceptional foodservice experiences every single time. Our meals are crafted from fresh, locally sourced ingredients, supporting sustainable agricultural practices that benefit our communities. But we don't stop at just foodservice – we take it to the next level by offering cutting-edge nutrition education programs that empower students to make smart, healthy choices daily. By combining nutritious meals with comprehensive education, we equip students with the essential tools they need to lead a healthy and thriving life. We believe in nourishing the whole person, creating community through great food and programming, and doing what’s right, every time.
We are Nourishing a Brighter Future.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email . Click to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Working as the Chef Manager you will be responsible for back and front of the house operations for the food service departments. You will maintain a quality culinary program and process all financial reporting. Duties also include menu development, inventory, purchasing, labor and food cost controls, maintaining sanitation standards, and personnel management to include hiring, coaching, counseling, training and developing.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Conducts safety, sanitation and maintenance programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Maintains an active role in managing team developments
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Degree in Culinary Arts is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Five years progressive culinary management experience
- Self-starter, innovative and ability to multitask
- Maintains a positive attitude under pressure and motivate team
- Must possess a passion for excellence
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Purchasing, food storage and sanitation experience
- P&L and financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of budgets, labor costs, inventory controls
- Strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and POS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Ability to lift, bend and carry up to 40 lbs
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Flik today!
Flik Independent School Dining is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Flik Independent School Dinning maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Flik Independent School Dining are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1228687