est. per hourKaiser • 8d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- StoneSprings Hospital Center • 30d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourProud Moments • 8d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourNew Story Schools • 24d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourYour Life ABA • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Regional Mental Health Therapist with Bonus (LMFT, LMHC, LPC, LCSW, Psychologist) - Residential
| Estimated Pay ||$29 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Regional Floater Program Therapist is a therapeutic guide, journeying with the clients on their road to recovery, from admission through discharge. The Program Therapist provides clinical assessments and contributes insightful, practical and meaningful information to the development of treatment plans. He/she orients new clients to the treatment program and makes introductions to the staff and other program participants.
Each Program Therapist carries a caseload and provides clinical treatment in the form of, but not limited to, individual, family and group counseling. As a member of the treatment team, the Program Therapist meets weekly in collaborative fashion with the rest of the team to discuss cases. Licensed clinicians (Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) and registered interns possess knowledge of dual diagnosis, eating disorders and/or chemical dependency.
- Travels between regional programs as needed.
- Completing the Biopsychosocial assessment within one day of admission (the parent and/or resident components**)
- Meeting with clients within twenty-four hours of admission to establish therapeutic rapport
- Completing the Comprehensive Treatment Plan and Integrated Treatment Summary within three days of admission
- Identifying weekly treatment goals and writing contracts specific to individual client needs
- Writing and facilitating the Discharge Summary
- Individual psychotherapy sessions, 3 times weekly for each client
- Conjoint family psychotherapy sessions at least once per week
- Facilitating professional groups as assigned
- Facilitating Multifamily and Alumni groups
- Interfacing with insurance companies, providing appropriate clinical information to obtain initial certification and continuing stay certification as required
- Meeting with each client in individual sessions as clinically indicated, providing psychotherapeutic interventions to thoroughly educate each client to the CTP and its intent, target dates, and revisions
- Being appropriately accessible to family members
- Conjoint family therapy is scheduled at least once each week to address issues related to the resident’s family experience. The therapist ensures that each family member is fully educated to the CTP, its goals and methods and the resident’s discharge plan. It is key that the family know how to approach and implement all discharge recommendations.
- Facilitating group therapy, workshops, and educational groups as directed by the program schedule
- Assessing suicidality and the possibility of danger to self or others
- Charting each resident’s progress throughout the treatment experience
- Charting after each individual, group, and family session
- Educating each client as needed
- Beginning and ending groups in a timely fashion
- Creating a written plan for continuing care (DC plan) and discharge summary
- The Program Therapist attends all treatment planning meetings, all treatment review and goals setting groups, in-service training’s, and general staff meetings and clinical retreats
- The Program Therapist “oversees” the daily treatment experience of each of his/her clients
- The Program Therapist may provide additional clinical support for other clinical team members in their absence
The Program Therapist may be required to travel to other facilities to attend trainings
This is a full-time position at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- The Program Therapist must possess a Master’s or Doctorate degree in an appropriate field
- Clinicians must be licensed or registered in the state in which they are applying
- Center for Discovery utilizes MFT and LCSW interns and psychological assistants under the supervision of an appropriate Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- The Program Therapist must have at least one year in acute care or residential treatment or
- Closely related experience.
- Must understand the therapeutic process, understand confidentiality laws, and have strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, and be able to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway! To provide truly innovative care, we need to have a diverse team around us. That’s why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to creating an inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting some but not all the above, we’d be happy to consider your application.
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.PandoLogic. Keywords: Mental Health Counselor, Location: Sterling, VA - 20167 , PL: 575504840