3rd Shift CNC Tech- Jr. Tech Machining
| Verified Pay ||$20.00 per hour|
About this job
Inside the RoleSet up and operate machine tools and fit and assemble parts to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines. Determine dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations and machines required by studying specifications such as blue prints, sketch, damaged part or description of part. Plan and execute assignments using machine tools (lathes and milling machines). May operate console/computer controlled machine. Use precision measuring instruments to check accuracy of work. Machine shop training in mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout and machining procedures.
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Truck North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic team. When you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on six continents who share your passion. Be a part of a world-class team who keep the world moving through the manufacturing of Heavy Duty trucks
We Take Care of Our Team
This position offers:
- Starting pay of $20.00/hr. up to top pay of $28.22/hr.*
- Quarterly gainsharing bonus potential
*additional shift differential for off-shifts
Benefits include: 401k includes up to 8% match and non-elective contribution, full coverage benefit plan options, starting at 4 weeks paid vacation, 8-10 calendar holidays, paid sick/disability leave (including sick days), 8 weeks paid paternal leave, employee assistance program; comprehensive health and wellness programs, and tuition assistance.
What You Drive at DTNA
- Perform physically demanding manufacturing duties including: repetitive processes, moderate to heavy lifting, the use of machinery, and following standardized work procedures
- Process improvement with CNC Programs
- Assist in launching new machining projects
- Select machining tools and understand what they are designed to do
- Setting tools
- Assist with training new operators on new product launches.
- Fixturing and tool grinding applications
- Operate manual and CNC mill and lathe equipment
- Operate special machining tools (uses for tools and their capabilities)
- Knowledge of types of fabricating materials, their uses, and physical capabilities
- Operate manual and automated measuring equipment
- Operate all types inspection gauges
- Perform test runs
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and fix production/program issues on 3rd shift.
- Actively participate in improving work area in terms of safety, quality, attendance, productivity, suggestion activities, housekeeping, and throughput
- Use computer systems to access company data associated with the assembly process, utilize drawings, bills of materials and specification sheets in both electronic and hard copy
- Ability to operate hand tools and small power tools in a safe and nondestructive manner.
Knowledge You Should Bring
- Must be capable of repetitive hand manipulation, grasping and supporting power tools
- Must be able to stand on concrete for entire shift with repetitive bending, stooping, twisting, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Strong knowledge of operation and maintenance of grinding, polishing, milling, lathing, or measuring equipment
- Accurately interrupt blueprint specifications and determine what is needed to satisfy defined specifications
- Understanding of all types of applicable measuring equipment for part validation
- Ability to work in a repetitive motion environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently (option to use hoist)
- Read, understand and complete documentation
- Willingness to cross-train throughout the area
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work independently
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Established satisfactory attendance record and performance rating
- Must maintain a clean work area.
- Meet quality standards and implement continuous improvement measures
- Cross train on other jobs as required
Exceptional Candidates Might Have
- Previous experience in a manufacturing (automotive/trucking) environment Previous CNC programing experience preferred (Haas, Cincinnati)
- Requires certification and at least 3 years experience operating programmable machine controls
- Manual machining experience preferred.
- Previous mechanical experience
- High School Diploma / GED preferred and further college education a plus
Where We Work
This position is open to applicants who can work in (or relocate to) the following location(s)-Byesville, OH US
How We Collaborate
To continue building a great place to work for all, we are committed to a culture that creates flexibility and encourages a supportive working environment that achieves the needs of our business and employees.
At Daimler Truck North America, we recognize our world is changing faster than ever before. By listening to the needs of today, we're building to solve with cutting-edge solutions in sustainability and future driving technology across electric, hydrogen and autonomous. These solutions, backed by years of innovative success and achievement, continue DTNA's legacy as the undisputed industry leader. Our evolving brand portfolio is second to none, including Freightliner Trucks, Western Star, Demand Detroit, Thomas Built Buses, Freightliner Custom Chassis, and Financial Services. Together, we work as one team towards our envisioned future - building a cleaner, safer and more efficient tomorrow for all.
That is what we are working toward - for all who keep the world moving.
- This position is not open for Visa sponsorship or to existing Visa holders
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the country the position is located in at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check
- Final candidate may be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen
- Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions
Daimler Truck North America is committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, or veteran status.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.