per hourDoorDash Start today Gig Work anywhereUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSunCrest OMNI • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Full-Time Physical Therapist
| Estimated Pay ||$43 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Physical Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to functional status/mobility, endurance/stamina, pain and other medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Physical Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
- Evaluates the patient's functional status, status of all body systems as required for CMS documentation, and physical therapy needs. Consults with the physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and any changes in his/her condition to the nurse supervisor and/or the physician.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable standards of practice and evidence based techniques.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients within the entire service area of their respective agency and other nearby LHC agencies as needed.
- According to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to nurse supervisor within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as requested by the agency.
- May supervise home health aides per LHC policy if allowed per state regulation.
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy and state regulation.
- Participate in a weekend rotation to provide services for their respective agency and other nearby LHC agencies as needed.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
- Is responsible for accessing education to maintain and enhance clinical knowledge and skills that are up to date with the current standards of care for the profession and to maintain state issued licensure.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of
- Current CPR certification
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable