est. per hourStonebridge Companies • 20d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourEndeavors • 21d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourLennar Corporation • 29d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourFarm Credit Council • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourRegional Management Corp • 24d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- KPMG • 30d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCisco Systems, Inc. • 17d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourIMA Financial Group • 20d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc • 30d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Accounting Operations Sr Manager
| Estimated Pay ||$31 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Many organizations talk about making a difference in the world. At Farm Credit Bank of Texas, it's more than talk. That's because we have a central role financing the ag producers and businesses that supply the world with food, fiber and so much more. And while you're playing your part helping feed the world, we contribute to your personal success, too, with competitive compensation and a generous health-and-wellness benefits package. You can grow your skills using our online catalog of thousands of training options while working in a modern hybrid workplace located below the bluffs of the Colorado River just northwest of downtown Austin.
We are searching for an Accounting Operations Sr. Manager. This position assists the Assistant Controller with the direction of the organization's accounting functions. Areas of focus include Bank accounting operations including IT accounting, support of Distri ct accounting practices, cost billing, and accounting financial systems implementation and management. Directly supervises accounting managers, lead accountants, analysts, senior accountants, and accounting specialists in the Bank Accounting and Reporting department.
Day-to Day-Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in our hybrid work design (3 days a week in the office, 2 days a week remote) you will:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Bank's accounting operations groups. Responsibilities include general ledger, accounts payable and fixed assets.
- Responsible for the oversight of the monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger close process of the Bank. Responsibilities include the completion of the monthly fluctuation analysis, the monthly budget variance analysis and other reports as requested.
- Works with the accounting staff and employees in other Bank departments to prepare the Bank's annual operating e xpense budget.
- Analyzes emerging accounting principles and regulatory standards to ensure compliance in this area. Coordinates and monitors these principles and standards and their impact upon the District's financial applications systems.
- Ensures that processes and documentation for usage of Concur Expense and Concur Invoice systems are up-to date and follow best practices for both the Bank and District associations.
- Writes e-mails and memos informing the Associations of various issues and procedural changes.
- Participates in departmental planning and goal setting.
- Prepares and delivers oral and written presentations to various internal and external audiences.
- Serves as a liaison with the Information Technology Department for financial product development. Assists with the resolution of problems and prioritizing of enhancements to financial software.
- Provides oversight of Information Technology Accounting in analysis of IT metr ics and other budgetary analysis and reporting as requested by the Chief Information Officer.
- Oversight of the operational expense budget process for cost centers at the Bank.
- Key liaison with Associations around General Ledger systems, accounts, branches and other details needed for daily functions and month-end close process.
- Provides assistance in hiring and obtaining staff resources for the department for areas of direct responsibility. Supervises existing staff, including day-to-day operations and direction and completion of annual employee evaluations and on-going staff development
- Ensures adequate documentation and controls are in place to meet the Bank's Sarbanes-Oxley objectives. With procedural documentation available and up-to-date. Compliance with internal control standards and Internal Controls over Financial Reporting guidelines, including process functionality within the software financial system, if applicable.
- Performs other p roject work as directed by the Assistant Controller.
What You Bring to the Team:
Our ideal candidate lives within a commutable distance from our office and appreciates the value of the hybrid work design.
It's an important role that covers many skills. This position requires:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business or Finance and a minimum of eight (8) years' work experience in fiscal operations, financial analysis, accounting, and financial reporting. Supervisory experience and CPA certification preferred. Experience should demonstrate ability to resolve progressively more complex issues and to direct staff resources. Farm Credit experience or advanced degrees are desirable.
Proven abilities related to accounting, financial analysis, management, and decision-making. Must possess an understanding of and can apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and corporate income tax. Pro blem solving, independent work and organizational skills are essential. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to interact with internal management and outside regulators.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive, affordable, and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance:
- Flexible health-and-wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, s ervices, or events
- Ongoing professional-development opportunities
- Generous tuition-reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Who we are:
We are a $35 billion wholesale bank that's been financing agriculture and rural America for over 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending associations in five states and we're active in the nation's capital markets.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. A real person will review your applications, meaning response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. We can't personally follow-up with each applicant, and we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.