Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $30-41 per hour
| Estimated Pay ||$39 per hour|
|Location||Walterboro, South Carolina|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
HCA South Atlantic Division is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED - Emergency Department for a nursing job in Walterboro, South Carolina.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Staff
Shift: Mixed (Rotating Weekends)
DescriptionSign-on bonus available for qualified applicants
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As an Emergency Room RN with Colleton Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Colleton Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Colleton Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Emergency Room RN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
· You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
· You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
· You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
· You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
· You manage care with primary ED attending
· You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
· You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
· You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care-based decisions.
· You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire date
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire date
· Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Colleton Medical Center provides quality healthcare services, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology for more than 50 years. Our 130+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities and offers a range of services for our patients; these include diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services as well as 24/7 Emergency Care for adults and children. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
Located in the heart of Walterboro, Colleton Medical Center has a longstanding history as a leader in the community with a commitment to patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Emergency Room RN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA South Atlantic Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-1296082. Posted job title: Emergency Room RN
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits