Athletic Trainer - Full-time
About this job
We are looking for a dedicated Athletic Trainer who will be invested in the success of our patients. The Athletic Trainer will work with medical professionals and doctors to evaluate patients condition, establish plans for, fitness, treatment, and to track progress towards health and fitness goals. You should be motivated to assist patients and caregivers to realize their potential and possess a strong understanding of surgical procedures and treatments. The athletic trainer should be committed to ensuring athletes accomplish their health and fitness goals and receive the proper training and treatment. Must be caring, knowledgeable, and passionate about the success of our patients.
May be expected to lift up to 25 pounds or up to 50 pounds with assistance. May be expected to push or pull 500 pounds with assistance. Work is of high demand; sitting, walking and standing most of the time while on duty. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required: optimal auditory acuity required; manual dexterity involving the handling of equipment and computers is essential to performing assigned duties. Physical conditions are clean, neat and well lit. May be subjected to stressful situations. Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended.
OSHA Exposure Classification:
Job Category III. Tasks/activities do not entail predictable or unpredictable exposure to blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Ability:
• Demonstrated eligibility for employment in the United States
• Florida Licensed Athletic Trainer
• Must be able to achieve CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
• Ability to relate and work effectively with others
• Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English communications for safe and effective use of chemicals, cleaning agents and safety instructions.
• Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational activities for own growth and advancements.
• Demonstrated verbal communication skills in English for contacting vendors, corporate personnel and coworkers.
• Ability to use office machines and telephone systems.