est. per hourChristus Health • 2h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourWalmart • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourRapides Regional Medical Center • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourRRPG Womens Health Clinic • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $1241 - $1378
Verified per weekMedical Solutions • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekTotalMed • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekTrusted Health • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCenterWell Home Health • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourElara Caring • 14h ago Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Registered Nurse Cardiac Telemetry - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$32 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Telemetry PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rapides Regional Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Rapides Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Nurse Telemetry PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The staff nurse serves as the leader of the Nursing Care team who is ultimately responsible and accountable to the patient for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient focused, outcome oriented care. Will develop competencies for functioning safely in all areas of Medical/Surgical services. Nursing plan of care will include all age groups with the exception of infants.
What you will do in this role:
- The staff nurse serves as the leader of the Nursing Care team who is ultimately responsible and accountable to the patient for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient focused, outcome oriented care.
- Through assessment of the patient’s physical, nutritional, psychosocial, spiritual, emotional, cultural, educational, and rehabilitative needs, problems are identified and documented in the clinical record and communicated to the physician, case manager, and ancillary departments when appropriate
- Appropriate standards of care, care plans, and interventions are initiated, professionally modified, and communicated to the patient and other members of the healthcare team
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the following age groups: pediatric, children, adolescent, adult, geriatric
- Provides patient/family health education that promotes healthy behaviors, supports recovery, and enables the patient/family to be involved in decisions about their own care
- The patient’s responses to interventions and progress toward desired outcomes are assessed, re-assessed, evaluated, and documented in the clinical record
- Patient care activities are coordinated through collaboration and planning with other members of the healthcare team
- Physicians’ orders are carried out accurately and efficiently, and clarified when necessary
- Adverse or sudden changes in the patient’s conditions are promptly communicated to the physician, charge nurse, nursing supervisor, and/or family with specific and pertinent data
- Able to identify potential or actual victims of abuse and understands the proper reporting mechanism
- Able to recognize adverse drug reactions and demonstrates understanding of proper reporting mechanism once reaction is identified
- Appropriately assesses the patient’s pain and involves the patient in effective management of that pain using appropriate interventions
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for administration of blood and blood products and appropriately monitors the patient receiving blood/blood products for any transfusion reaction; takes proper measures once a reaction is recognized
- Patient care equipment is utilized safely and efficiently in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Standard precautions are promoted and followed in the utilization of principles of infection control in patient care
- Achieves stated goals related to job performance
- Educational attendance records reveal attendance at all required educational programs/in-services
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse Diploma
- Active Louisiana Registered Nurse license or an active compact license in another state, or Graduate Nurse
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or CPR for Healthcare Providers must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Rapides Regional Medical Center is a 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana. We offer services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care. Our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties. At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital. This culture impacts the well-being of patients and their families. It also impacts your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. Learn what our commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Telemetry PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status