Radiology Technician - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$48 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Do you have the career opportunities as a Radiology Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join MD Now which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
MD Now, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Radiology Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Performs all required Radiological and Lab duties in accordance with license and performs front desk duties as assigned. Demonstrates excellence in customer service and patient satisfaction.
SUPERVISOR: Mgr Center UC
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Practices and adheres to the HCA Code of Conduct, Mission and Value Statements. Practices and adheres to the Urgent Care Services Mission and Value Statements.
- Treats patients, visitors, medical staff, colleagues and others with compassion and respect.
- Places an emphasis on patient quality, convenience and customer service.
- May participate on teams to improve operations, staff retention and employee engagement.
- Works assigned schedule and notifies management of absence or tardiness according to policy and practice.
- May be required to work alternate shifts and may be required to float to other clinic locations.
- Works with all clinic staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and that patients receive high quality care and services. Provides care to patients in a timely manner.
- Keeps patient and visitors informed of clinic progress.
- Keeps clinic environment clean, orderly and in compliance with company policy and accrediting standards.
- Works as a team member to ensure clinic efficiencies are within guidelines.
- Provides support as needed and requested to providers.
- Follows company established scripts and protocols including Patient Triage and Patient Call Backs.
- Capable of performing all x-ray views according to provider’s orders, clinical practice under state law and in compliance with company policy and procedures. Documents the patient record according to established clinical practice and company policies and procedures.
- Performs drug screens, urinalysis and other in-house lab tests accurately. Processes specimens for reference laboratories.
- Is cross-trained for Front Desk duties to include greeting patients, checking patients in/out, End of Day close out procedures, patient interactions, lobby checks and records release.
- Is cross-trained to check patients in/out of the computer.
- Maintains, calibrates and performs controls on lab/x-ray equipment daily. Inspects and reports artifacts from the x-ray screen. Operates equipment according to policy and manufacturer guidelines. Completes semi-annual X-Ray inspections.
- Maintains records and logs on activities including in-house lab work, drug screens, x-rays, and lab work sent out to other labs. Performs equipment audits as scheduled.
- Ensures the occupational client’s work form is followed and occupational procedures are adhered to.
- Participates in regular staff meetings keeps informed of information, polices, practices, memos and expectations.
- Works closely with the Center Manager, Medical Staff, Front Desk Coordinator and all clinic staff to maintain smooth operations and high customer satisfaction.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and proprietary business information. Understands and follows all company policies and practices regarding HIPAA.
- Maintains an awareness and working knowledge of required and available reports, resources, deadlines and other information and data sources and systems.
- Understands and follows company Compliance Program policies, procedures.
- Actively participates in the CQI Program.
- Timely completes and maintains required certifications and mandatory training.
- Follows all company policies pertaining to infection control and hand hygiene.
- Follows all OSHA and company policies pertaining to a safe and secure environment for patients and staff. Participates in required emergency drills.
- Is supportive of company-sponsored community activities and marketing initiatives.
- Completes incident occurrence reports timely and appropriately.
- Participates in the successful completion of clinic audits, reviews and surveys.
- Attends all required meetings and training in-services.
- Demonstrates the correct use of office equipment and supplies. Notifies Center Manager of needed supplies. Properly disposes of expired supplies.
- Performs routine office functions including copying, faxing, scanning, mailing, sorting and filing of patient and clinic materials as appropriate.
- Potential Military Occupational Specialist matches include these Army MOS codes: 68C. Potential Air Force Codes: 4R0X1.
- Within 3 months of employment or promotion, must obtain and maintain Federal Breath Alcohol Screening Certification and Federal Drug Screening Certification.
- Within 30 days of employment or promotion, must obtain and maintain state license (if required by the state) for Office Laboratory Assistant.
- Other required training includes: Phlebotomy, Point of Care Testing, Direct Observation, Comp Evaluation and Front Desk Training modules as assigned. · Performs other duties as required.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Services required.
• 1+ year of clinical experience in a patient care setting preferred.
• ARRT Certification required. State licensure may be required.
• BLS certification within 30 days of start required.
• Federal Breath Alcohol Screening Certification within 30 days of start. · Federal Drug Screening Certification within 30 days of start.
is the largest provider of urgent care services in Florida with 60+ conveniently located clinics across Indian River, Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Lee, Manatee, Sarasota, Seminole, and Hillsborough counties. Our state-of-the-art, physician-led clinics are open 365 days a year, giving patients easy access to healthcare they can trust. Patients are typically treated in under an hour, without an appointment, making MD Now the ideal healthcare solution for patients of all ages. We treat many injuries and illnesses. We provide lab testing, digital X-rays, EKGs, Occupational Health, vaccinations and immunizations. We can also provide physicals for school, camp, sports or work. Our facilities provide COVID-19 evaluations, testing and vaccines as well. MD Now is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.