Surgical Tech - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$24 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) OR Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Ocala Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) OR Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital is a 288-bed facility. We are located in the heart of Ocala, Florida. Our hospital is a part of Ocala Health. We are home to Florida West Marion Hospital, HCA Florida Summerfield Emergency, HCA Florida Maricamp Emergency and HCA Florida Trailwinds Village Emergency. Our facility is a Level II Trauma Center. We are the region's only Comprehensive Stroke Center. We are committed to patient-centered care. We offer a host of quality and award-winning services. Our services include orthopedic, cardiovascular, emergency and neurological care, robotic and weight loss surgery and rehabilitation services.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
To provide safe and effective nursing care, through the performance of specific duties, as the surgical technologist during surgical and other invasive procedures under the direction of a registered nurse. Performs routine scrub as well as specifically delegated duties according to AORN standards and established policies and procedures of the Department of Surgery. Assists in the maintenance of a safe environment for all. Keeps current with operating room techniques, procedures, instruments, supplies and equipment; assists with the on-going Performance Improvement Program. The Specialty Surgical Technician also may: Serve as clinical expert in a specialty field such as neurology, orthopedics, and/or cardiovascular services. Act as service coordinator for one approved service. Mentor/precept new scrub technician. Act as project lead for service projects within the perioperative department
* Graduate of a School of Surgical Technology required. *BLS *1 – 3 years of surgical technology/ assisting experience required. Preferred Education Preferred License/Certification Preferred Experience: *2 year Associate Degree preferred. *National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) *3 – 5 years of surgical technology/assisting experience preferred.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our OR Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You might also like
in Ocala, FL
- HCA Florida West Marion Hospital
- HCA Florida Ocala Hospital
- HCA North Florida Division
- DispatchHealth Management
- Adventist Health
- Radiology Associates of Ocala
- St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute
- UF Health Central Florida
- Central Florida Heart Group P A
- Envision Physician Services - HCA (National)
- Humana Inc
- Advanced Urology Institute LLC