Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room RN - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$48 per hour
|Derry, New Hampshire
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Parkland Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room RN position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient. Schedule: Part Time, Days, 7a-7p, 12 hours per week with rotating weekends and holidays. We have increased our pay rates, ask your recruiter for details!
Parkland Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Parkland Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Emergency Department nurse is expected to assist in providing total care of the patient before, during and after treatment. This includes providing physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural support while providing necessary equipment and supplies for all emergency procedures. Cases may range from the very minor to the mortally ill or traumatized. Nurses will be proficient in triaging according to the Emergency Nursing Association triage category systems and maintain excellent assessment and reassessment to determine the response to medications and treatments. The Emergency Department nurse is expected to work well as a team member, be flexible and able to process much information quickly and correctly and to develop a care plan to meet the emergent needs of the patient and family.
What will you do in this role:
- Incorporates appropriate assessments and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care
- Communicates with patients, team members and management in an accurate, timely manner
- Documents in a complete, timely manner; appropriately uses computer charting/ ordering
- Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives
- Organizes multitask workload, prioritizes tasks, organizes/delivers care for multiple patient assignment
- Develops and maintains human care relationships
- Acknowledges the impact illness/hospitalization has on patients and families; adapts care management for diverse populations and environments’ advocates for needs of clients; provides care in an ethical and legal manner
- Verbalizes scope of practice for self and others, delegates and assigns care, coordinates care within multi-disciplinary team
- Incorporates teaching in delivery of care with a focus on health promotion
- Provides information to patient, assesses for barriers to learning, uses colleagues as a resource as appropriate, provides counseling about health behaviors
- Applies know of the patient populations served within unit; provides age-appropriate care, applies knowledge of expected norms in planning care (i.e. VS, lab values, assessment, etc.) applies new data to improve care
- Applies new data to improve care
- Integrates technical, psychological, social, intellectual and physical skills
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement
What qualifications will you need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification required
- Registered Nurse New Hampshire licensure or active Compact State license
- Associate Degree as Registered required, BSN preferred
- ENPC, or PALS Pediatric Adv Life Support must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
has provided quality healthcare services since 1983. We give patient's access to trained physicians, advanced technology and innovative approaches through our partnerships with the Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart & Vascular Institute. Our 80+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities in Southern New Hampshire. We are accredited as a Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI from the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission. Parkland has also earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® certification for Spine Surgery, Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement.
At Parkland Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room RN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.