Registered Nurse Med Surg Float
| Estimated Pay
|$36 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
HCA Florida Citrus Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN Registered Nurse Float Pool Med Surg position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
HCA Florida Citrus Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at HCA Florida Citrus Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Progressive Care Registered Nurse. You will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care in a high acuity environment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
· You will assess, plan, intervene and evaluate the care of Progressive Care Unit patients.
· You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
· You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results.
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
· Licensure as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 60 days of hire.
· Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
· Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
· Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
· Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Since 1957, HCA Florida Citrus Hospital has grown from a single community hospital into a regional powerhouse with over 200 licensed beds. We are proud to be celebrating over 50 years of healing as the leading provider of healthcare in the surrounding area. We offer 24-hour emergency room services, heart and vascular care, orthopedic and spine care, women's services, primary stroke center, minimally invasive surgery including robotics and bariatrics. We also offer outpatient wound care, diagnostics, laboratory and rehab services. We are the home of Citrus county's most comprehensive Heart and Vascular Center. Our Heart and Vascular Center is known for its innovative design and outstanding clinical outcomes.
At Citrus Hospital, our patients become our family. You may recognize many of our colleagues. They’re your neighbors and friends. Over 80 of our colleagues were recently celebrated with the 10+ years of service award. That’s the advantage of receiving care in a community hospital that offers more personalized care. We have been consistently top-rated in surgical excellence. We believe excellent people make excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you’d like to be a part of, we hope you’ll consider a career at Citrus Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Registered Nurse Float Pool Med Surg opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.