Verified per hourAerotek • 12d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $85,000.00 - $105,000.00
Verified per yearArchaea Energy • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- ConnectGen • 30d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria • 30d ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Trailer Technician A for Semi's, Day Shift - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$24 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
As a Fleet Maintenance Trailer Technician, A Level, you will be responsible for performing core elements of fleet maintenance primarily with Trailer chassis assets, but will include exposure to other fleet assets within the operations. A fleet maintenance trailer technician will perform and trouble shoot preventative maintenance and repairs, will effectively complete work orders, and support shop projects to optimize asset up-time and productivity all while working safely and embodying the safety culture and atmosphere.
M-F 7am - 3:30pm
Benefits from day 1!
Great opportunity to work with a national Company and jump-start your career!
You will contribute by:
- Trailer Tech A should be able to perform at the highest level expected with verifiable prior experience with the following:
- Move equipment with a Yard Tractor or Semi-Prior
- Interior and Exterior Trailer Wall repairs
- included but not limited to Skin replacement
- Nose Rail, Header
- Roof skin, Floor Repair.
- Roll up Doors and Swing Doors
- Brakes (ABS), Wheel Seals, Lights
- Troubleshooting and replacement of components
- Air Bags or Springs replacement
- Landing Gears, Cross Members, Floor Repair
- MIG Welding - Aluminum
- ASE Certified
- DOT Regulations
- Preventative Maintenance: With oversight, conduct asset inspection by item level task. Complete small repairs, post PM inspection. Successful inspection post PM completion for completeness and within parameters. Perform PM successfully within internal fleet maintenance specs and Trailer chassis OEM specs (with shadow)Perform PM on lift-gates and related components on equipped assets
- Work Aptitude & Technical Abilities: Participate in supporting other technicians to glean skills and expertise. Follow ongoing cycle of reading, classroom environment, observe expert executing repair and then demonstrate skill and proficiency for each critical learning by system
- Training: Work closely with tenured technician to learn technical aspect of the job. Read, study and test modules or chapters of technical materials. Successfully certify at test level and demonstrate technical competency
- Support shop projects and related tasks to optimize asset up-time and productivity.
- Complete work-orders for thoroughness and detailed history to demonstrate Complaint, Cause and Correction
- Travel Required: Yes
- Warehouse: Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Warehouse: Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse: Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- ASE certifications. Base understanding of mechanical principles and aptitude to complete repairs on Heavy Duty equipment with moderate instruction. Vehicle maintenance systems, commercial truck components, driver D.O.T. regulations
- Proficiency at PM & troubleshooting of all lift-gate types
- Heavy lifting involved, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc. 8 hours of contiguous standing, squatting and twisting at times. Working with computers some of the day
- Pride in high work quality and High attention to detail and accuracy :
Years Of Experience
- 5-7 : Mechanical exposure and understanding of principles of Internal Combustion Engines and previous work experience is strongly recommended.
- Paid training
- Weekly Pay
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, company matched 401k)
- PTO and Holiday Pay offered
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Employee Health & Wellness program
- Employee Discounts / Purchasing programs
- Employee Assistance Program
High School Diploma - General Studies, KPIs, Safety & Sanitiation, Training & Development, Values & Teamwork, Warranty
Shift1st Shift (United States of America)
GSC Wholesale LLC
About Our Company
Grocers Supply , based in Houston, is the largest wholesale grocery supplier in Texas, supplying over 900 independent grocery stores. Grocers Supply serves customers of all sizes, from single store independent retailers to chains, such as: Fiesta, FoodTown, Market Basket, Cox Foodarama / La Fiesta, Sellers Brothers, Minyard Food Stores, G. E. Foodland, and El Rio Grande.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with GSC Wholesale, LLC. GSC Wholesale, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Company: GSC Wholesale LLC
Job Area: Transportation
Job Family: Transportation
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: JC1544