- Methodist Health System • 30d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Medical Director, Behavioral Health (Remote- Part Time ) - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$161,914.25 - $315,732.79 per year|
About this job
Molina's Behavioral Health function provides leadership and guidance for utilization management and case management programs for mental health and chemical dependency services and assists with implementing integrated Behavioral Health care management programs.
Provides Psychiatric leadership for utilization management and case management programs for mental health and chemical dependency services. Works closely with the Regional Medical Directors to standardized utilization management policies and procedures to improve quality outcomes and decrease costs.
• Provide regional medical necessity reviews and cross coverage
• Standardizes UM practices and quality and financial goals across all LOBs
• Responds to BH-related RFP sections and review BH portions of state contracts
• Assist the BH MD lead trainers in the development of enterprise-wide teaching on psychiatric diagnoses and treatment
• Provides second level BH clinical reviews, BH peer reviews and appeals
• Supports BH committees for quality compliance.
• Implements clinical practice guidelines and medical necessity review criteria
• Tracks all clinical programs for BH quality compliance with NCQA and CMS
• Assists with the recruitment and orientation of new Psychiatric MDs
• Ensures all BH programs and policies are in line with industry standards and best practices
• Assists with new program implementation and supports the health plan in-source BH services
• Additional duties as assigned
• Doctorate Degree in Medicine (MD or DO) with Board Certification General Psychiatry
• 2 years previous experience as a Medical Director in clinical practice
• 3 years’ experience in Utilization/Quality Program Management
• 2+ years HMO/Managed Care experience
• Experience demonstrating strong management and communication skills, consensus building and collaborative ability, and financial acumen.
• Knowledge of applicable state, federal and third-party regulations
Required License, Certification, Association
Active and unrestricted State (NE) Medical License, free of sanctions from Medicaid or Medicare.
• Peer Review, medical policy/procedure development, provider contracting experience.
• Experience with NCQA, HEDIS, Medicaid, Medicare and Pharmacy benefit management, Group/IPA practice, capitation, HMO regulations, managed healthcare systems, quality improvement, medical utilization management, risk management, risk adjustment, disease management, and evidence-based guidelines.
Pay Range: $161,914.25 - $315,732.79 a year*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.