Full-time Special Education Teacher Needed in Abbeville, SC for the 2023/2024 School Year
| Estimated Pay ||$19 per hour|
|Location||Abbeville, South Carolina|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
ProCare Therapy is seeking passionate and dedicated Special Education Teachers to join our team in Abbeville, SC. As a Special Education Teacher, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students with diverse learning needs. We are currently hiring for multiple positions for the 2023-2024 school year, including an opening for a self-contained alternate assessment class. If you are committed to providing exceptional education and support to students, we encourage you to apply for this unique opportunity.
- Position: Special Education Teacher
- Location: Abbeville, SC
- Employment Type: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Start Date: July 24, 2023 (for staff development)
- School Start Date: August 1, 2023
- Openings: 4 (including one for a self-contained alternate assessment class)
- Caseload Size: 9 students with 2 para-professionals as assistants
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students with diverse learning needs.
- Provide direct instruction and support to students, utilizing effective teaching strategies and differentiated instruction.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes student engagement and academic growth.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, parents, and other professionals to ensure students' educational needs are met.
- Conduct ongoing assessments to monitor student progress and make data-informed instructional decisions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of student progress, behavior, and other relevant information.
- South Carolina Teacher Certification is required.
- Certification in Multi-categorical Special Education is preferred.
- Experience working with students with special needs, including alternate assessment, is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Ability to create and implement individualized instructional plans that address students' unique learning needs.
Why Join ProCare Therapy:
- ProCare Therapy is a leading provider of education staffing solutions, offering rewarding opportunities for professionals in the field.
- We provide competitive compensation packages and comprehensive benefits.
- Our team is dedicated to supporting your professional growth and providing ongoing training and development opportunities.
- We prioritize work-life balance and offer a supportive work environment.
- By joining ProCare Therapy, you become part of a community committed to making a positive impact on the lives of students.
If you are a passionate and dedicated Special Education Teacher looking to make a difference in Abbeville, SC, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to be considered for this position.
Director of Educational Resources