Registered Nurse Free Standing ER - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$37 per hour|
|Location||Overland Park, Kansas|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Overland Park Regional Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse Free Standing Emergency Room - Olathe to join our healthcare family.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Overland Park Regional Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Emergency Room opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
From heart attack to stroke to gunshot wounds, motor vehicle accidents, or just fractured bones, ER nurses see it all. ER nurses learn to quickly triage patients based on immediate observation and acute assessment skills, then to treat symptoms in order of life-threatening priority.
About this unit:
- The same care you've come to expect from Overland Park Regional Medical Center can also be found in our ER of Olathe freestanding emergency room.
- Fast, convenient care for adults and kids.
- Board-certified physicians with extensive emergency treatment experience.
- On-site imaging and laboratory services.
- Cutting-edge diagnostic radiology, CT Scan, X-ray and ultrasound
- Smooth, efficient transport for adults and kids to the main emergency department or pediatric ER at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, if necessary.
- Under the general direction of the Director or Manager, the RN coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice, ENA Standards of Practice, and the generic and unit structure standards.
- The Registered Nurse in this department provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing school, ADN or BSN required.
- Current Kansas RN licensure or multi-state compact license required. Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required; Current AHA ACLS to be obtain within 90 days of hire; NIH Stroke training to be completed successfully within 90 days of hire;TNCC and ENPC within 6 months of hire; PALS is recommended, but not required.
- 1-year minimum ER experience preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a 340+ bed facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are Johnson County’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Children’s healthcare services. We offer the region’s only Maternal Fetal Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies. Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000 patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City’s leading healthcare provider in the region.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Emergency Room opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.