est. per hourChemours • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Northrop Grumman • 18d ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourChemours • 16d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Structural Engineer - Full-time / Part-time
|Location|| Parkersburg, WV, United States |
Parkersburg, West Virginia
About this job
Pickering Associates, Inc. has an opening for a Structural Engineer. We are looking for a candidate with strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks. Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience. This is a full-time role in one of our four offices.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for planning and conducting independent structural engineering work requiring sound judgement in structural design and engineering techniques.
• Analysis and design of steel, reinforced concrete, and masonry structures for static and dynamic loading from foundation to super structure.
• Use of finite elements on complex structures and use of application software in structural design.
• Planning review, layout and details of construction drawings, specifications, shop drawings, field inspections and investigations.
• Cost estimating and technical writing.
• Development of project scopes, engineering budgets, and design schedules.
• Preparation of technical reports.
• Understanding of industry and regulatory practices and trends.
• Application of building codes and standards.
• Knowledge of structural engineering designs for Industrial and Commercial facilities
• Mentoring younger engineers
•Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of a BS in civil engineering.
• Able to obtain a Professional Engineering Licensure or active PE.
• Proficient using AutoCAD, RAM design software and Revit, preferred.
• Effective communication skills and technical writing abilities.
CIS Friendly - Equal Opportunity Employer