- $19 - $35
Verified per hourSoundTransit • 5d ago Good pay Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourBOEING • 3d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourTotalMed • 27d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourUnitedHealth Group • 5d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourVigor Industrial Services • 4d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per yearSoundTransit • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Outlet Chef - Winter 23/24
| Estimated Pay ||$14 per hour|
|Location|| Seattle, WA, United States |
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Please note, this position is located at Crystal Mountain Resort in Enumclaw, WA
WORK AND PLAY IN THE MOUNTAINS
Join our team of big mountain adventurers at the largest ski resort in Washington! Here at Crystal, it's more than our work. It's our passion for the guest experience, the outdoors, and the community that bring us together at the end of the tree-lined road. We come from near and far to be up on the mountain because it's an experience you just don't get anywhere else. Events are always on the calendar and friends are always down to play. Work in the beautiful National Forest, neighboring Mt. Rainier, as a premier Ikon Pass destination with a whole lot of stoke to share.
JUST LIKE THE TREES, WE ARE GROWING! Apply today to grow your mountain roots with us- whether you are looking to escape the city, expand your skills, or progress in the ski industry, we have a variety of roles for hard-working and enthusiastic team-players. Find your line, join our team!
BIG PEAKS, BIGGER PERKS
- Free Alterra season pass (unlimited, direct to lift at all Alterra resorts)
- + Free Alterra season pass for spouse and dependents 25 & under
- 50% off window ticket price at IKON partner resorts
- Free access to Alterra Mountain destinations during time off
- Free ski-referral letters for employees to use at other mountain resorts during time off
- Discounted friends & family day-ski vouchers (Up to 85% off)
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Rentals
- Discounts on Gear Tune-Ups
- Discounts on Food & Beverage
- Discounts at Crystal Mountain Retail shops
- Free Crystal branded swag
- Pro deals on gear with 100s of brands
- Discount Marketplace
- Deals on accessories, auto, electronics, entertainment, fitness, food, home, pet supplies, travel, and more
- Employee-only Night Skiing events
- Employee Housing available, on-mountain and off-mountain
- Accrued paid time off for eligible positions
- Group health insurance for eligible positions
- 401K benefit and generous match with immediate vesting for all staff members over 21
- Opportunities for growth, advancement, and year-round employment
- JOB DESCRIPTION -
Position Title: Outlet Chef
Business Unit: Food & Beverage
Position Reports to: Executive Sous Chef, Restaurant Manager
Positions Reporting to this Role: Steward, Expeditor, Cook I, Cook II, Lead Cook
Wage Range: $24.00 - 28.00 / hour DOE
Location: Crystal Mountain, WA
Job Status: Non-Exempt
The Outlet Chef position is responsible for the supervision of culinary operations and works to provide the best possible guest experience within the restaurant. Trains, coaches, and supervises culinary staff. Assists in maintenance of recipes, recipe costings, product implementation and delivery. Responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of facility and the delivery of a high quality and properly served food & beverage product. Assists in the maintenance of budgetary guidelines and goals and works to develop a positive public image of their assigned venue, other culinary departments, and Crystal Mountain Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrives on time, clean, in proper uniform including no-slip shoes and cap, chef coat and apron.
- Clocks in and out according to shift.
- Demonstrates an upbeat, positive attitude and acts and communicates in a professional manner while ensuring BOH staff is properly trained.
- Promotes a healthy and efficient environment through work ethic and staff engagement.
- Oversees and can work all stations in the kitchen.
- Oversees all food orders and requisitions to maintain proper par levels and costs while providing fresh, quality products, inspecting all current products for freshness and proper documentation of any waste in order to maintain budgetary F&B; costs.
- Works with the Chef to ensure proper receiving procedures are being followed including proper FIFO rotation and dating of all incoming product.
- Ensures recipes are adhered to and produced consistently and safely as well as monitoring food portioning, preparation, presentation, and waste to control costs.
- Organizes kitchen and maintains all Washington State sanitation and safety policies and documentation to ensure all HACCP policies and procedures are being followed.
- Responsible for proper scheduling of all kitchen staff to hit budgetary goals and anticipating business levels and eliminate all OT while still providing a safe, quality product and service in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with Executive Sous Chef on all disciplinary actions with proper documentation, training and guidance in a positive professional manner.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or breakage to facilities using fresh service system to resolve the issue ASAP.
- Assists in preforming all inventories to ensure that all products are accurately counted and recorded.
- Abides by and upholds overall customer service, kitchen and food concession service standards and gives support to all kitchen operations as well as any FOH needs.
- Adheres to all policies, standards, SOP's and training as directed by the Resort Executive Chef and F&B Director.
- Oversees the daily cleaning of all areas of the kitchen including all equipment and floors.
- Organize and check rotation, dates and freshness of all food items daily.
- College or Culinary Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and experience with ordering, costing, and accounting for kitchens required.
- Serv Safe certification, or ability to obtain and or WA Food Handlers Permit
- At least 3 years' experience in F&B; required.
- Minimum of 1 year in Culinary BOH management, or documentation of progressive leadership skills preferred.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays required.
- Must have Intermediate Skiing/ Riding abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS- Bullets below are examples- please customize for specific role.
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays while in operation.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of the resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of the resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
Crystal Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer