- $40 - $50
Verified per hourJobot • 18d ago Good payUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
|Location||Fort pierce, Florida|
About this job
Working at IRSC has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, IRSC offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) participation
- Voluntary participation in 403(b) and 457(b) deferred compensation plans
Under minimal supervision, this position administers the Medical and Daycare Flexible Benefit Plan for enrolled employees. Duties include analyzing financial information including information for Agency and Scholarship Funds, completing the reconciliation of general ledger accounts, and preparing financial reports.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the Flex Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Plan for the College; assists with preparation of the Cafeteria Plan related to the Flexible Spending Plan; reconciles accounts in a timely manner; approves expense reports submitted by participants for IRS FSA compliance; provides account balances throughout the year; monitors IRS governance related to Flexible Spending Plan; implements updates; alerts Human Resources regarding changes; and makes year-end journal entries to forfeit funds or roll forward unspent balances.
- Completes and reconciles federal and state drawdowns; completes required reports for federal, state and local agencies.
- Oversees management of Fund 5, Fund 6, and specific accounts in Fund 2 (Current Restricted) including approval of expense reports/requisitions and entering journal entries as needed.
- Providing supporting documentation to auditors and other external parties.
- Analyzes and reconciles accounts within the Fiduciary Fund, Agency Funds, Scholarship Funds, and assigned Restricted Funds.
- Assists with financial reporting for the Clark Advanced Learning Center charter school.
- Prepares budget proposals and salary projections; creates budget amendments for Victim Services accounts.
- Determines, based on activity of each club, whether it is a fiduciary activity and needs to be reported to the IRS; coordinates year-end reporting activities related to fiduciary activities; and assists with other financial fiscal year-end close activities.
- Assists with audit requests from independent or governmental auditors; provides support documentation to auditors and other external parties as needed.
- Assists the Grant Department and other Finance staff as needed.
- Completes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field; two (2) years of related work experience applying accounting techniques and practices preferably with experience in fund management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- HIPPA certification desired.
- Knowledge of accounting principles/practices, fund management, and business processes in a college setting.
- Knowledge of flexible spending accounts.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing.
- Skill in working with Microsoft Office and Windows based applications.
- Ability to train employees, be accurate and detailed oriented, work independently, and be self-motivated.
- Ability to gather financial data, analyze/summarize financial information, and solve complex financial problems.
This position classifies the physical exertion requirements as sedentary work involving lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally, and other sedentary criteria are met.ClassificationStaffSupervisoryNoFLSA ExemptYesEmployment TypeRegularCompensation and Application DeadlineThe salary for this position ranges from a minimum of $44,257.80 to a midpoint of $57,535.14 | Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience and education | Open until filled |