est. per hourRAYUS Radiology • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourHarmonyCares • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCisco Systems, Inc. • 4h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourVITAS Healthcare • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Bowman Consulting Group • 21h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- WWC Global • 13h ago
Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Sr. Technical Cybersecurity SME - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Please note only candidates who live in one of the following states will be considered: Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, New York, New Jersey, Missouri, Florida, Louisiana, Kansas, Colorado, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
We are a team of visionary leaders who shift the paradigm to bring our customers game changing innovations and emerging technologies to strengthen their missions. As a Vision, Mission, and Driven company, VMD has been delivering information technology solutions to the Federal government in Agile Engineering, Cybersecurity, and Critical Infrastructure Protection since 2002.
Why Join VMD Corp?
At VMD you have the opportunity to thrive in your career and become a Game Changer. The quality and talent of our people is what drives the success of VMD. We embrace an employee-first culture and make it a priority to provide professional development opportunities that foster career growth.
We help protect American Citizens and the nation's most critical infrastructure by working alongside our customers and delivering game changing solutions to strengthen their missions. We believe our passion and commitment to achieve our customers' goals and solve their most critical challenges defines who we are. We don't just dream big, we act on it - through teamwork, dedication, and resilience.
Learn more about VMD culture here:
About the Mission You Will Join:
Support the federal customer with development, maturation, and implementation/execution of a technical cybersecurity assessment program. Travel with a capable, specialized team of assessors to a variety of government and contracted commercial sites to perform in depth cybersecurity assessments.
Your Impact to the Mission:
The Sr. Technical Cybersecurity SME will be responsible for:
- Providing informed, expert technical opinion along with expertise to support the Federal Program Manager in all phases of planning, development, programming, and execution of the cybersecurity assessment program.
- Supporting all assessment types according to the target scope; supporting scheduling and coordination activities; managing data call information; drafting of technical rules of engagement; completing assessment plans and planning onsite validation logistics prior to the assessment.
- Conducting penetration testing of IT and OT systems; conducting technical red, blue, or purple team exercises; measuring effectiveness of controls; determining vulnerability exploitability, documenting and reporting findings & impact, and making recommendations.
- Demonstrating and utilizing expert knowledge in conducting various types of penetration testing ethically and safely to include internal, external, wireless, and web application testing.
- Utilizing expert knowledge in penetration testing, kill chain process, and MITRE ATT&CK framework to develop appropriate Tactics, Techniques, and procedures for the scope of assessments, obtain Federal Manager approval, and execute accordingly.
- Utilizing commercial off-the-shelf and open source cybersecurity tools safely, securely, and ethically in the execution of approved testing activities.
- Coordinating the use of crowdsource penetration testing capabilities where applicable.
- Conducting cybersecurity research and remaining abreast of threats to diverse Information and Operational technologies.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- 10 years of experience in technical cybersecurity assessments
- Knowledge of penetration testing of IT and OT systems.
- Demonstrated expert skill in executing complex technical assessments with hands-on penetration testing.
- Experience with Red, Blue, or Purple teaming.
- Possess the expert ability to translate technical findings to business impact.
- Demonstrated expert ability in research, writing, and communication of technical cybersecurity topics.
- Effective information and data management.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent years of experience
- Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree?Yes
- Required Certification(s):OSCP, CEH, GPEN, PenTest+, or related industry recognized certifications; satisfy requirements for DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical III category
- Minimum Years of Overall Experience:15
- Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field:10
- Minimum Clearance to Start:Top Secret
- Work Status Allowable:US Citizen
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- Capable of thinking outside-the-box
- You actively keep up with industry standards and have demonstrated an eagerness to learn
- Capable of researching and developing plans independently
- You have high attention to detail
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions
Travel and Telecommuting:
- Travel:Significant (between 25%-75%)
- Telecommute Options: This position will involve travel to various customer sites across the U.S. for up to (2) two weeks per month. When not traveling onsite, the position can be remote or hybrid at a customer site.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.