Travel Contract: School-based Speech-Language Pathologist, Mt. Airy NC - Full-time / Part-time
|Location||Mount Airy, North Carolina|
About this job
Soliant is seeking an intrepid Speech-Language Pathologist (ASHA-certified OR Clinical Fellow) who wants to embark on a travel contract in the area of Mt. Airy, NC! Soliant has partnered with a school district, and we are setting up interviews for the upcoming school year.
Qualifications to be a traveler:
- Will you arrange temporary housing while on assignment, while maintaining another home address?
- Will you be commuting 50+ miles to work?
If so, you qualify for housing and/or meals stipends!
This is a District with which we have enjoyed a long-term work relationship. Located less than an hour from Winston-Salem, NC, this is a great locale for candidates who want to be away from the hubbub of the big city, and want to live closer to Yadkin Valley wineries and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Weekly contracted hours: 37.5hours (for a 5-day work week)
- Openings available for elementary, middle or high school caseloads: reasonable consideration will be made for candidates' clinical preferences. (Please note that versatility and flexibility are also highly desired traits for contract therapists)
As a school-based SLP, duties include:
- Providing speech and/or language therapy to students identified with communication disorders.
- Maintaining accurate service records of students on caseload
- Evaluating students with suspected communication disorders; making recommendations for speech and language services as needed
- Providing comprehensive written report of observations, assessment results, and recommendations within the standards established by state guidelines
- Developing speech and language goals in Individualized Education Programs
- Developing integrated goals with other education staff for students with multiple or other disabilities.
- Consulting with school staff and parents on the inclusion of materials to support speech and language development, or other areas of curriculum related to speech and language.
- Participating in the Medicaid billing process for school-based services as directed.
We seek candidates who are:
- Professional and accountable
- Flexible and solution-oriented
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- North Carolina SLP license (reimbursements available for new applicants)
Interested? Please apply by using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org