(Onsite) Customer Service Representative - Multiple, Nebraska
| Verified Pay
|$19.00 to $22.00 per hour
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Customer experience at PenFed starts with you! Our team is responsible for providing exceptional customer service. We are seeking talented individuals that thrive in a fast-paced call center environment. We value our employees and believe that success is achieved through teamwork. Our goal is to empower our members to “Do Better.” If you agree, you belong here!
We are currently hiring Customer Service Representatives to work onsite at our Omaha Service Center or Papillion Service Center. The primary purpose of this position is to provide best-in-class member service by answering incoming calls, providing basic account and product information while performing account transactions and maintenance. This position will also be responsible for educating members on a wide variety of products and services and making recommendations for the member’s financial needs. This is a fast-paced call center environment which requires the incumbent to take a high volume of calls daily. The incumbent must successfully complete the member service training program including on-the-job training and call monitoring.
Starting rates will range from $19.00 to $22.00 per hour, depending on education and relevant work experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Answer persistent inbound member calls and accurately complete requested transactions regarding PenFed deposit, credit cards, and loan products.
- Provide a Best-in-Class member experience in all member interactions.
- Answer member inquiries via chat functionality and outbound calls.
- Calmly research, resolve, and de-escalate member questions or issues.
- Resolve problems that are within authority to resolve. Refer problems that are beyond authority to resolution team, along with recommendations for resolution.
- Update member records and document member calls.
- Act as a liaison between members and various departments.
- Maintain working knowledge of PenFed deposit, credit cards, and loan products.
- Participate in team meetings to ensure objectives are being met.
- Meet cross-selling and productivity metrics each month.
- Successfully complete different phases of training consisting of different call topics.
- Educate members on PenFed products and services to best support their financial goals.
- Efficiently navigate multiple banking platforms via internet browsers and other software.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s degree or 1 year of college-level education or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of one (1) year customer service experience in a call center, service-oriented environment, or financial setting preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Exceptional time management skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, phone queue/call center environment environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard business computer operations, internet applications, web browsers, e-mail, and various Windows-based software applications.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain account data and complete research and requests for members and applicants in a timely manner.
- Ability to present a consistently positive and professional presence over the phone.
- Ability to adapt and embrace changes in organization, processes and systems as needed.
- Service Level 1
- Obtain the essential understanding of PenFed’s products & services.
- Complete Member Service training and pass the Service Level I assessment test.
- Complete the minimum required compliance training for Service Level I role.
- Meet the score card requirements in Quality and Efficency.
- Understand how the job contributes to departmental goals.
- Describe the core products or services of the organization.
- Comply with policy, rules, and regulations.
- Set goals to improve personal performance.
- Keep track of one’s work schedule and attend meetings as scheduled and on-time
- Service Level 2
Demonstrate thorough understanding of PenFed’s products & services.
Complete the second level of Member Service training and pass the Service Level II assessment test within the first 6-months of employment.
Complete remaining compliance training requirements for the Member Service role within the first 6-months of employment.
Meet or exceed the score card requirements in Quality and Efficency.
Set goals to improve personal performance.
Keep track of one’s work schedule and attend meetings as scheduled and on-time.
What we offer
- Generous paid time off that begins accruing on first day of employment (a total of 32 days of accumulated leave in year one)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit plans with options to fit any lifestyle (available within 30 days of hire)
Employer matching contribution of up to $1,200 annually for Dependent Care FSA for eligible employees
- 401K plan with employer match
- Casual, fun work environment
- Onsite gym facilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Travel will not be requires for this role.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2.8 million members and over $36 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.