The job below is no longer available.
est. per hourECHN • 18d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourWaterbury Hospital • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourSCA Health • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekTrusted Health • 5d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourECHN • 18d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Quality Control Laboratory Technologist - Full-time / Part-time
•11 days ago
| Verified Pay ||$29.46 per hour|
Compare PayVerified Pay
This job pays below average compared to similar jobs in your area.
About this job
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Why Choose Us?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our team, you can help save lives every day. You'll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
Standard Schedule: Variable days, mainly 1st Shift, 5a-1pm or 6a-2pm
Pay Information: $29.46 per hour, plus applicable shift differentials
$3000 sign on bonus available
What You'll Do:
As a QC Lab Technologist II you will perform advanced manufacturing, processing and test procedures on blood products, and will interpret test results before releasing blood to area hospitals. You will manufacture and prepare pathogen reduced platelet products for hospital patient use, in a highly regulated environment. As a Technologist II you may assume operational supervisory responsibilities on your designated shift; you will mentor and guide Technologist I and Technician staff, and provide support, development, and/or leadership guidance to all line staff.
- Perform moderate to high complexity laboratory testing procedures and interpret various testing procedures on donor specimens, and blood products; Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet quality requirements.
- Meet the quality and quantity production and testing goals established by the department.
- Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution.
- Meet the quality and quantity production and testing goals established by the department, and appropriately manage any exceptions.
- Prioritize workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Perform quality control on products, reagents, equipment, and various test kits; maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
- Tracks the quantities and results of QC testing performed to meet ARC and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in QC staff training and QC projects ; may serve as a project lead
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem-solving activities with cross-functional teams.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the position describe the general n ature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Physical Requirements: The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor's degree in an applied science is required
- MLT (ASCP) or MT(ASCP) certification preferred
- No additional experience is required for MLT or MT degreed staff.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and related experience required for non-MLT/MT staff. Must meet state and CLIA requirements.
- Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment, personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods.
- Ability to work with a team.
What's In It For You?
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Commitment to Your Health & Safety-COVID-19:
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve; by cultivating a collaborative, inclusive and respectful work environment that empowers all contributors; and by leveraging diverse partnerships - all of which helps to ensure culturally competent service delivery supported by effective community leadership and engagement. The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural groups for employees and volunteers. From our Latino Resource Group, Umoja, Asian American & Pacific Islanders, and Red Cross Pride, to the Ability Network, Veterans+ and our Women's Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights