Medical Assistant - BXMO Certified
| Estimated Pay ||$17 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
We are looking for a Full-Time BXMO Certified Medical Assistant to join the amazing team at our Employer Health Center located in Leesburg, FL. Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:00AM - 6:00PM.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician, Advanced Practitioner and/ or RN in compliance with state practice acts and regulations. Performs Medical Assistant (MA) and Basic X-ray Machine Operator duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- LMR Job Functions:
- Reviews film for proper identification and quality check
- Prepares films for reading by physicians
- Assists patients through radiologic diagnostic procedures
- Conducts radiologic diagnostic procedures Files films and records
- Receives and stores incoming supplies
- Counts stock and maintains inventory records
- Processes records of radiologic procedures performed
- Documents care provided in EMR
- Attends radiology line of service calls to remain up to date with best practice
- Reviews and complies with policies and procedures related to radiology line of service
MA Job Functions:
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests including urine drug testing and point of care testing (A1c, glucose, etc)
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms
- Manages front desk/reception area managing a multi-line phone and check in process
- Manages referrals to community specialists and outside diagnostic testing.
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records
- May require other duties as assigned
- Limited Medical Radiology/Basic X-ray Machine Operator certification required
- National certification in Medical Assisting from a Premise Health approved organization OR Certificate/Diploma and Transcripts from an accredited Medical Assistant program with hands on externship completed and passed- total online courses are not acceptable.
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate
- State Lab Certificate (NV only)
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Strong phlebotomy/venipuncture skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.