Project Assistant - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Lee Company provides core construction services of HVAC, plumbing and electrical for large and small commercial projects throughout Tennessee, Alabama, and Kentucky. Our incredible team has built their reputation on trust, honesty, employee safety and construction excellence since 1944. Safety is a core value that permeates how we live, train, work, and look out for our teammates.
Summary of Job:This position is responsible for supporting the Construction group in any and all Administrative needs. These duties vary on a daily basis but consistently require a high use of Solomon and data entry. It also consistently requires creation of documents, communication internally and externally, and correspondence between internal and external customers sent and received. There is filing and record keeping required for this position as well.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years clerical work
- A working familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel and Word, and the ability to be trained in use of the Company-specific applications and software
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people of all business and professional levels
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze information, interpret difficult situations, and quickly make recommendations for resolution; creative problem-solver with ability to develop innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely fashion
- Adaptability with technology
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work activities; effective time and organizational management skills with ability manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Willingness to exhibits objectivity and openness to others
- Great attention to detail and accuracy with emphasis on quality
- Adaptable and able to effectively manage and facilitate change
- Demonstrates desire to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others
- Willingness to follow policies and procedures and support organization's goals and values
- Exhibits dependability, integrity, honesty and the ability to maintain confidential information
Company Perks & Benefits:
Our mission at Lee Company is to create an environment where our employees can thrive, and we mean that. Wellness involves your relationships, finances, career, community, as well as physical health. We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk. Check out what benefit programs we offer to help our team and family members THRIVE with us!
- We pay 100% of every employee’s long-term disability, life insurance, and fees associated with acquiring and maintaining a trade license
- We offer free trade training and license exam preparation through Lee Company University (LCU), our very own NCCER accredited trade school
- We have a company match program for 401(k) and health savings account contributions
- You earn paid time off and paid holidays for your personal well-being
- We have available cash incentives or reduced health insurance rates for wellness screenings
- We offer meaningful assistance programs like Chaplain services, an on-site / mobile clinic, and an emergency assistance fund
- We connect you to opportunities to make an impact through volunteering in our communities
- And other benefits such as health insurance, dental, vision, and short-term disability
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.