| Estimated Pay ||$21 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The LPN works under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Manager and functions within the LPN Scope of Practice. The LPN is responsible for providing direct patient care to patients with medical/surgical needs. This includes age appropriate interventions that meet physical, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs. The LPN is responsible for coordination and delivery of high quality care. LPN participates in call rotation and weekend visits as needed. The LPN can serve as a preceptor for new LPN employees. They are responsible for attending and participating in staff meetings, in-services, special projects and continued education.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- DIRECT PATIENT CARE
* Assess and assist with managing patient?s total needs following physician orders with RN oversight and utilization of nursing process
* Performs routine nursing procedures to meet the need of the patient under the supervision of RN
* Meets established productivity standards
- COORDINATION OF SERVICES FOR EPISODE OF CARE
* Coordinates care and services with RN and other team members
* Informs RN, therapist, and/or clinical supervisor of changes in patient?s condition, as appropriate
* Collaborates with RN to develop and revise individual plan of care based on patient need and physician order
* Perform other duties as assigned by Home Health leadership
- PATIENT / CAREGIVER EDUCATION
* Serves as patient educator to foster self care or caregiver support for the home patient
* Be aware and report concerns to authorities or agency leadership on any issues that affect patient or staff safety
- STAFF EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
* Participates in the orientation and education of new employees and nursing students as appropriate
* Responsible for attending continuing education and in-services as directed and needed
* Accepts responsibility to remain current in clinical knowledge for the care of the home health patient
- COMMUNICATION AND DOCUMENTATION
* Responsible for accurate completion of required documentation within established timeframe.
* Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate application of regulatory guidelines
* Participates in care team conferences with co-workers
* Responsible for checking voice mail box and secure messaging a minimum of once daily.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing Current State of Georgia professional licensure.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 1 year medical/surgical nursing practice in an acute care environment Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Positive leadership, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong assessment and clinical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and follow directions to patient?s homes.
- Use of Windows based computer, utilizing home health patient software, email, internet, computer based learning modules, etc.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Lic Practical Nurse Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
- Georgia Driver's License Preferred
- Private Vehicle insurance Preferred
Additional Licenses and Certifications