Per Diem Licensed Practical Nurse
| Verified Pay ||Starting at $23.00 per hour|
|Location|| Point Pleasant, West Virginia |
Point pleasant, West Virginia
About this job
Per Diem License Practical Nurse Point Pleasant, WV
At Hope for Tomorrow, our experienced professionals put your treatment needs first. We are proud to provide high-quality addiction treatment by focusing on counseling services, supported by medical treatment. Our entire staff is committed to ensuring that every patient in our program is successful in recovery.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the second nurse on duty to help maintain a safe and comfortable milieu for clients.
- Assists with the admission and discharge procedures, which may include the completion of paperwork, urinalysis collection, administering a tuberculosis skin test, contacting emergency contacts, etc.
- Document in the individuals chart the results of the nursing assessment, treatment plan, physicians orders, progress notes and other individual-related data.
- Assists nursing staff on duty with monitoring for signs and symptoms of intoxication and withdrawal.
- Provide medically monitored evaluation and withdrawal management to individuals served in the Detoxification Unit under the supervision of the Director of Nursing.
- Maintains hygienic and safe work environment in compliance with healthcare procedures.
- Maintains all necessary documentation and charting.
- Updates and maintain accurate Medication Administration Records.
- Performs scheduled medication administration.
- Obtains vital signs if/when necessary.
- Maintains professional boundaries with clients and interacts with them in an appropriate manner.
- Prefer working knowledge of medical detoxification for substance abuse.
- Knowledge of the signs and symptoms of substance intoxication and withdrawal including pharmacological factors.
- Must have strong team building and communication skills.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to physically respond to individuals needs in the event of a crisis situation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals served, outside professionals and the general public.
- All other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must hold an unrestricted LPN license in the state of WV.
- Requires current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Satisfactory criminal background, drug screen and driving record checks.
Generally starting at $23.00 an hour.
The salary of the candidate(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, education, specialty, and training.
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
Here is what you can expect from us:
Hope for Tomorrow is committed to helping people achieve lasting sobriety through comprehensive care and compassionate support. Founded by and staffed with individuals in recovery themselves, we treat residents with the respect and dignity they deserve. Our Portland Maine rehab center provides individualized care and evidence-based clinical approaches in an environment that promotes healing.
Hope for Tomorrow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.