Information Assurance Professional - Now Hiring
| Verified Pay ||$97500 - $176250 per year|
About this job
The qualified candidate will serve as an Information Assurance professional within an established Information Security team. Under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) the position specific responsibilities will include:
- This role may include a combination of duties to protect information and maintain security controls for an entire system, site, or program in order to reduce risk.
- Assist in managing risks related to the use of processing, storing, or transmitting information within an Information System.
- Establish, implement, and manage security procedures and practices in support of customer requirements and objectives.
- Mitigate or eliminate impact to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information and information systems
- Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation of information systems.
- Validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan.
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Report audit discrepancies to the ISSM.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures.
- Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
- Conduct vulnerability management (scanning, assessment, reporting, and mitigation verification), security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Perform periodic maintenance on systems to include installation of operating system patches and updating virus definitions.
- Install hardware and software as required.
- User account management.
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology/Network Administration or related discipline, or 4 – 8 years of direct experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level I, e.g. Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
- A working knowledge of Windows-based Information Systems with basic experience with LINUX operating systems.
- The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Must obtain CISSP certification within 6 months of hire.
- Experience conducting security audits of information systems.
- Extensive training or experience with Windows-based Information Systems with a working knowledge of LINUX operating systems.
- Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.