Verified per weekADN Healthcare • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourAscension • 5h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekPHP • 4h ago Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekArdor Health Solutions • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekNext Move Inc • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekIDR Healthcare • 5h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekSynergy Medical Staffing • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekMagnet Medical • 5h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Registered Nurse (RN) - Head & Neck Oncology Progressive/Surgical Oncology, Day shift
| Estimated Pay
|$37 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
- Sign-on bonus: Up to $10,000.00
- Department: Head & Neck Oncology Progressive/Surgical Oncology
- Schedule: (3) 12-hour, Full-time, Day shift, Monday – Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Hospital: Ascension St. Vincent
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing OR Required professional licensure at time of hire required.
Head & Neck Oncology Progressive/Surgical Oncology
Full-time - Day shift
Sign-on bonuses: Up to $10,000.00
Join our Ascension St. Vincent family of dedicated, highly skilled Surgical Oncology associates. Together we are a team that provides spiritually-centered, holistic care to both the patient and their family. The team is flexible, hard working and compassionate. Open communication with all team members helps to support a creative and healthy work environment. Patient centered care is displayed in our daily multidisciplinary rounding and continued process improvements.
Our nurses participate in decision-making, mentoring and collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to focus on providing care to a highly acute population of surgical oncology and general surgery patients in a fast paced environment. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to advance your knowledge in a highly specialized, rewarding, and mentoring environment, focusing on professional growth and development in surgical oncology and general surgical care. Total of 49 bed department.
Achievements: Accredited ASC Commission on Cancer
Patients we serve:
- Surgical Oncology: Pre and post-operative care for patients with a cancer diagnosis. Nursing care focuses on pain management, monitoring input and output, advancing nutrition, drain and tube management, postoperative ambulation, wound care, and discharge teaching.
- Head and Neck Oncology: Specialized pre and postoperative care for patients with head and neck cancer diagnosis.
- General Surgery: Pre and post operative care or medical management to prepare for surgery.
St. Vincent Head & Neck unit is located at 2001 W. 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260 is hiring Day shift - RN - 7:00AM – 7:30PM, Sunday – Saturday; Full-time (36-hours); scheduled every third weekend and every other holiday. Shifts are 12 hours.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent in Indiana has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. With 24 hospitals throughout the greater Indianapolis and Evansville areas, Ascension St. Vincent offers careers in a wide range of services including acute and long-term care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary and urgent care, women's health services and more.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the poster or poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.