est. per hourEnglefield Oil • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
| Estimated Pay ||$12 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Dover Precision Components is hiring a Sales Representative for our Cook Compression brand. We deliver performance- critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across several markets, including oil & gas. The Sales territory is KY, OH, PA, TN, WV, VA with ideal home base as Columbus, OH or within 100 miles. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a company truck for work purposes, and the ability to be a key contributor driving sales, quality, and performance for our aftermarket products. With strong gains to be made through new clients and increased market share, this role provides a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join Cook Compression and play a key role in the future development of the company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify and analyze target growth segments in the area. Understand their size, key market drivers and competitive requirements.
- Facilitate and develop new relationships with end users, EPCs and packagers of reciprocating compressors.
- Execute Account Management Plans that continue to retain and expand the compression aftermarket business with existing customers.
- Maintain a strong, visible sales pipeline with appropriate tollgate points for soliciting, screening, product proposal, pricing and follow up.
- Lead the sales process from Discovery through Order Placement/Project Kick-off and oversee the Order Execution process to ensure customer commitments are satisfied.
- Build customer relationships with key decision makers to effectively communicate on Voice-of-the-Customer needs to accelerate the purchasing decision process.
- Provide contribution to overall strategic direction of company that drives a clear customer focus and favorable market position.
- Develop and monitor bottom-up and top-down multi-year sales forecasts, communicating to key finance and management functions.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the customer service, engineering, and production departments at Cook Compression.
- Support Lean/Continuous improvement efforts within the Sales processes.
- Assist Finance with the resolution of any outstanding payment issues.
- Monitor competitor activity and respond accordingly.
- Manage conflict resolution matters as they arise.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years’ experience working in sales or technical roles in oil & gas industry, preferably with reciprocating compressors.
- Driven for success & motivated for career advancement.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer’s problems and to develop solutions which meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – Ability to interface with customers at all levels within the organization both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated competency with MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive up to 1,000 miles weekly (truck provided). Occasional overnight travel is expected.
About the Company
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical, and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability, and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation.
Dover Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $8 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging and Identification, Pumps and Process Solutions, and Refrigeration and Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at .