Rehabilitation Aide/CNA - Physical Therapy - Per Diem - Days - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$16.00 - $20.00 per hour|
|Location||Utica, New York|
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Assists Occupational, Physical, Speech Therapists, and their Assistants, performing delegated, selected, skilled tasks in specific situations, under the direction and intense close supervision of the therapy practitioner. Assists in maintaining rehabilitation clinic and equipment in working order, and maintains an adequate inventory of therapy supplies. Provides transportation of patients to and from therapy or testing as requested. Assists staff with clerical duties and other operational aspects of the department, to ensure an efficient running department. Performs receptionist duties and other operational aspects of the department to ensure an efficient running department. The Aide also participates in CQI activities and organizational required programs.
- Assists therapists as directed with therapeutic activities during therapy sessions. Follows written and verbal instructions from therapists. Remains alert to observe patient safety and signs of fatigue.
- Transports patients to and from nursing units and appropriate departments, complying with all safety policies, in a timely fashion, consistently notifying therapists regarding arrival of patients or unexpected delays. Uses appropriate levels of assistance and transfer techniques.
- Assists therapists as necessary with Rehab. Dining Group.
- Fabricates adaptive equipment under the direction of occupational therapist upon request.
- Contacts patient care units before videofluoroscopy evaluations to have patients ready. Notifies radiology for transportation and if not available, transports patients to evaluation. Ensures test materials and equipment are available and set up for use.
- Maintains and stores therapeutic equipment. Assists in cleaning clinic areas, including main gym, rehab gym, training bathroom, etc. Wipes down mats, table tops and other surfaces using approved procedures between patients.
- Maintains an inventory of chargeable supplies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age.
- Person should have an interest in health care services and the ability to relate to people appropriately.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills needed for frequent contact with patients and other professional staff
- Computer literacy required.
- NYS CNA Certification.
- CPR certification (BCLS). (Must attend class at orientation if not previously certified).
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Req Id 87631
Department PHYSICAL THERAPY
Shift Hours Worked 7.50
Work Schedule GENERAL BENEFITS
Employee Status A7 - Occasional
Pay Range $16 - $20 Hourly