Physical Therapist Outpatient - Full Time - Days $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS
| Verified Pay ||$31.00 - $54.00 per hour|
|Location||West Winfield, New York|
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
The physical therapist (PT) is responsible for Examination, Evaluation, Diagnosis, Prognosis, Intervention and the Outcomes of the patient/client as described in the New York State Physical Therapy Practice Act and Guide to Physical Therapy Practice (APTA, 2003). The therapist assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while teaching them to live within the limits of their capabilities. The PT coordinates, delegates and supervises appropriate responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (Physical Therapist Assistants, students, rehab aides, etc.). The PT interacts and practices in collaboration with a variety of professionals (physicians, dentists, nurses, educators, social workers, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and audiologists) to provide prevention and wellness services including screening and health promotion. The PT participates in operational aspects of the department: performance improvement activities, CQI activities, formulating and practicing within the budget constraints, submitting accurate and timely patient charges and documentation. The PT also participates in all hospital infection control measures, departmental equipment training, and required organizational programs.
- Obtains a complete patient past medical history and history of present condition
- Performs a complete system review of the patient
- Completes accurate and appropriate test and measures
- Determines the appropriateness for physical therapy treatment following the examination.
- Recognizes and makes appropriate referral to another practitioner as needed.
- Determines the physical therapy diagnosis based on the physical therapy examination
- Determines the amount of time required to reach the optimal level of improvement
- Develops a plan of care that specifies the interventions to be used and their timing and frequency
- Conducts a reexamination to determine changes in patient/client status and to modify or redirect interventions as appropriate
- Uses various physical therapy procedures and techniques to produce changes in the condition that are consistent with the diagnosis and prognosis
- Observes and evaluates treatment effect, and makes changes to the plan of care as needed
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient and therapist safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
- Performs patient/ family education timely to prevent delays in discharge
- Demonstrates the ability to treat patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients’ needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
- Determines the anticipated goals and expected outcomes for the episode of care
- Participates in outcomes data collection and analysis to determine the effectiveness of intervention
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation that meets current standards and policies
- Interacts professionally with patients/ families and involves the patient/ family in the formation of the plan of care
- Maintains current patient schedule board or book
- Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities
- Graduate of an accredited University or College of physical therapy
- License or temporary permit from the State of New York
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Req Id 88735
Department PHYSICAL THERAPY
Shift Hours Worked 8.00
Work Schedule HOURLY NON-UNION-8 HR.
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Pay Range $31 - $54 Hourly