Recreational Therapist - RNC - Full Time - Days - Now Hiring
| Verified Pay ||$18.00 - $28.00 per hour|
|Location||West Winfield, New York|
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
The Recreational Therapist will organize and implement daily therapeutic activities which include individual, group and independent programs based on residents need, interest and individual capabilities. Develops individualized treatment plans for assigned residents through assessment, care planning and progress notes. Works under the direction of the Therapeutic Recreation Director or designee.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the Therapeutic Recreation Programs within the scope of the Eden Alternative Concept.
- Assist with maintaining CQI Program as assigned.
- Ensure that all Therapeutic Recreation progress notes and charts are complete.
- Assist with planning and developing a recreation program that provides spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and emotional challenges that are beneficial in overcoming specific problems.
- Participate in the development of care plans in relation to the resident assessment. Identify the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified.
- Recognize changes in resident’s condition and report to appropriate staff.
- Attend and participate in resident assessment meetings and the conducting of resident assessments within 14 days relative to recreation programs.
- Work the Interdisciplinary Team coordinate and plan recreation programs.
- Maintain liaison with social, health and community agencies.
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Provide written and/or oral reports of Therapeutic Recreation Programs as required.
- Participate in regularly scheduled reviews of discharge plans.
- Review and revise care plans and assessments as necessary according to MDS schedule.
- Assist the Director in preparing the TR department’s budget for food, equipment, supplies and labor.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs designed to keep current in the profession.
- Assist in making arrangements and/or referral services for residents as necessary.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees of the facility such as CQI, Resident Council, Budget, Safety, IDC, Discharge Planning, Department Head, Accreditation/Government meetings and agenda meeting with Administrator.
- Actively participate in/supports Eden Alternative related meetings/programs/functions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation with a concentration in therapeutic recreation or five years experience directly working in the TR field.
- Experience working with people with disabilities in a long term care or rehabilitation setting, preferably in geriatrics.
- Ability to interact and function with interdisciplinary groups.
- Ability to create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS).
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Department THERAPEUTIC RECREATION
Shift Hours Worked 7.50
Work Schedule GENERAL BENEFITS HIRED AFTER 8/25/08
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Pay Range $18 - $28 Hourly