Groundskeeper II - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$16 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is seeking full-time Groundskeepers II to maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, and turf using chemical application and up-to-date pruning methods, with primary responsibility for grounds care, carrying out the regular maintenance for shrubs and trees on the 2,700-acre campus by pruning, trimming, fertilizing, and applying necessary pesticides. Also, responsible for the maintenance of the Spring Creek Golf Course which operates 7 days per week. The groundskeeper II is required to demonstrate journeyman level knowledge by achieving a score of at least 70% on a professional examination and demonstrate journeyman level skill through successful completion of a practical exercise (this applies to both internal and external applicants).
The work schedule is Monday – Friday full-time flex schedule with forty (40) hours per week with a minimum of two (2) consecutive non-workdays. A flex shift employee works a combination of the shift times listed below to be scheduled as determined by the needs of the school seasonal or programmatic changes:
- 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- 11:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
- 10-hr shift
Bargaining unit Local 464 position with an hourly pay rate: $25.02 and after one year of probationary period the rate will increase. Full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical, and dental insurance, and financial benefits.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with chemical/pesticide application, and trees & shrubs maintenance/care at large facilities.
- Valid PA Driver's License in good standing (CDL Preferred, Class B)
- Valid Pennsylvania Pesticide/Licensed Applicator License (Cat. 6 and 7 or 23); or obtain license within 6 months of hire.
- Candidate should be willing to actively engage with students.
- Candidate should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models to MHS students.
You might also like
in Hershey, PA
- Charter Homes & Neighborhoods
- ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC
- Ebersole Excavating Inc
- Ebling's ServicePlus
- Lee Fence and Outdoor, LLC
- Milton Hershey School
- Paul Davis Restoration of Susquehanna Valley
- Property Management Enterprises LLC
- Royer's flowers & gifts
- SML Outdoor Living Experts
- Vector Marketing
- Zeager Landscape Designs & Nursery LLC