est. per hourOpaa! • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Kitchen Staff Substitute
| Estimated Pay ||$14 per hour|
|Location|| 601 N Houston |
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Able to perform the essential function of kitchen staff positions on an as-needed basis.
Opaa! Food Management, Inc. operates in 8 states in the Midwest. Our pay rates vary depending on state and position. Please apply, and a Hiring Manager will discuss pay with you in more detail.
Functions of the Job
Essential Functions Production
- Assist with set-up of serving lines daily and make sure that all food is held at the required temperature. Milk coolers are stocked and ready for service.
- Assist in the preparation of foods in accordance with the menu plan and Opaa! recipes, as required. Plan and prep ahead for the next day menus.
- Operate slicers, mixers, grinders, and other equipment with proper certification.
- Keep work areas neat, clean, and organized.
- Clean kitchen and cafeteria areas including equipment and dishes.
- Keep inventory stock organized and practice First In/First Out (FIFO) procedures. Keep cooler/storage racks clean and free from debris.
- Clean, monitor chemical usage, and maintain equipment in the dishwashing area. Remove clean dishes from the machine and store them in serving areas.
- Requisition appropriate amounts of food and supplies through the Kitchen Manager.
- Prepare bread, cakes, cookies, and other baked goods as required by the menu plan. Present to customers in an appealing manner.
- Batch cooking to maintain a quality product and excellent food presentation.
- Set up serving/bar lines and ensure all food is held at the proper temperatures. Clean and restock items as needed.
- Serve items as needed with proper serving sizes and utensils. Quality presentation and hospitality are required.
- Keep serving lines/condiments supplied with food items, napkins, silverware, and dishes as needed to customers.
- Prepare foods for meal service in strict compliance with the menu plan and Opaa! recipes.
- Convert and follow a standardized recipe to ensure a consistent, high-quality product.
- Recognize a Reimbursable Meal and follow the Meal Pattern according to HHFKA and CACFP regulations.
- Keep and Maintain accurate daily production records per grade group as planned.
- Follow HACCP processes and procedures with daily, weekly, and monthly food safety logs. Record temperatures of all hot and cold food.
- Obey safety rules as outlined in Opaa’s “Safety Procedure Manual” and exercise caution in all work activities.
- Report any unsafe working conditions to the appropriate supervisor. Participates in the safety incentive program.
- Participate in the “Daily Dish”.
- Attend all required meetings and in-services. Complete the required yearly continued training hours according to HHFKA.
- Demonstrate and promote Opaa!’s Core Values of “Always Act in the Best Interest of the Students, Schools, and Communities We Serve”, “Be Honest”, “Have a Passion to Serve Others”, and “Commit to Continuous Improvement”.
- Maintain strict compliance with the Opaa! Food Management, Inc. Timekeeping Policy
- Handle customer monies at service time, as required. Make change as well as run a cash register or computer. Require that only reimbursable meals are allowed through the POS system.
- Complete necessary paperwork, tray counts and meal reconciliation tasks on a daily basis.
- Submit all hours worked by clocking in and out in ADP or by submitting an edit sheet for any missing time
- Notify DNS 24 hours in advance of inability to cover an assigned shift. In the event of an emergency, notify the DNS as soon as it is administratively feasible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands
Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, squat, climb, balance, kneel, crawl, push, pull, grasp, feel, taste, smell, talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must exert over 60 pounds of force occasionally and/or be able to frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include concentrated attention, depth perception, ability to bring objects into sharp focus, color vision.
High School Diploma or GED, preferred; or up to one month related experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, commons fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids:
Dishwasher, Steamer/Kettle, Mixer, Oven, Stove, Fryers, Slicer, Thermometers, Gauges, Knives, Box Cutters, Meal Counting Software, Desktop PCs, Calculator, Telephone, Fax, Scanner, Copier, Printer.
Opaa! is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.