Insurance Sales Agent - Caruthersville, MO
| Estimated Pay
|$29 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Did you hear about this position from a friend or family member?
Good talent knows good talent! Kemper is searching for Insurance Sales Agents!
Role: Insurance Sales Agent
Employment Type: Full Time
Career and Opportunity: At Kemper, our goal is for employees to build a career, you are beyond just a job! You’ll start with a paid license preparation/training period! As an Insurance Sales Agent, you will begin with an already existing book of business and have the exciting opportunity to grow the business through your work and dedication.
Benefits: Kemper offers competitive benefits including Group Life Insurance, Major Medical & Dental, Short-term & Long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, Paid Vacation, Employee Stock Purchase Program. Superior performance is recognized through awards, prizes, and trips!
Are you passionate about serving the under-served? This career could be for you!
Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company. We are firmly committed to servicing the insurance
needs of modest-income families. Having a home service model, we are dedicated to frequent personal contact with our customers for premium collection and other service needs.
Agents are set up for success by being assigned a territory (called an agency) with an established book of
Day to day activities include:
- Conducting interviews, recommending products, closing sales, and using our Customer Care Sales Model
- Continuously prospecting for sales opportunities
- Collecting premiums from policyholders, based on a pre-arranged schedule
- Responding promptly to policyholder service requests such as beneficiary changes, claims, loans, etc.
- Appropriately keeping records, accounting for money collected, and processing paperwork
Our agents are each expected to:
- Increase the agency size
- Build good working relationships with customers
- Devote whatever time is necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
- Commit to ongoing development of knowledge and skills
Minimum position qualifications:
- Customer service experience
- The ability to visit customers door to door
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license with 100k/300k auto insurance coverage
- Dependable vehicle as daily travel is required
- Ability to pass a background check, motor vehicle report check and drug screening
- Authorized to work in the United States
Decision Quality – making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Drives Results – consistently achieves results under difficult circumstances.
Action Oriented – takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Collaborates – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively – develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Values Differences – recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization
Nimble Learning – actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodders
- Licensing – Various state licenses are required to sell or service insurance products. Our company provides assistance and guidance to those who are preparing to sit for licensing exams.
- Basic Training – New agents complete a basic development program that includes self-study, classroom time, role-play, and extensive fieldwork.
- On-the-job training allows new agents to earn a paycheck while learning their profession
The opportunity to become a successful agent is an opportunity to build a better life. Among the rewards
- An established business – New agents pay nothing for an established agency, which has a built-in clientele of loyal policyholders
- Pay for performance – Agents have a chance to write their own paycheck with increasing income opportunity as skills and knowledge grow.
- Job stability – Employment in a field where there is an increasing need of qualified professionals
- Prestige – Recognition in the community as a respected professional
- Advancement – The potential for future promotion to a management position
- Personal Satisfaction – Knowing that they are doing meaningful work when they help others protect the people they love and the things they own
Opportunity is knocking. Don’t let it pass you by!
Need help? Contact our Success Center at 877-355-3007.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and
equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.PandoLogic. Keywords: Insurance Sales Agent, Location: Caruthersville, MO - 63830