Delivery Helper - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$19 per hour|
|Location||Cottageville, South Carolina|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Delivery Material Handler / Roof Loader
Joining Beacon Building Products as a Delivery Material Handler / Roof Loader means becoming part of a values-driven organization. Our core principles guide everything we do: putting people first, prioritizing safety, doing what's right, taking pride in our work, continuously improving, and making significant strides towards a more sustainable future.
Be part of BUILDing a better tomorrow with Beacon, a leading Fortune 500 distributor of roofing materials and complementary building products in the United States and Canada. At Beacon, you'll be part of a company committed to making a difference.
What you will earn:
- Competitive Pay: We make sure that your hard work is recognized.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits: Experience the peace of mind that comes with our comprehensive benefits package designed to prioritize your well-being.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP): Bolster your financial growth. Invest in your future and become a stakeholder by purchasing company shares at a 15% discount twice annually.
- 401(k) Match: Ensure a secure future with fair matching of your retirement contributions.
- Paid Leave: Recharge and find work-life balance, flexible parental leave for quality family time, generous sick leave, and enjoy paid time off, company holidays, and floating holidays to unwind and pursue personal interests.
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
- Paid Training and Advancement Opportunities: Open doors to exciting possibilities by engaging in our dynamic learning programs, which include the opportunity to earn valuable certifications.
What you will do:
- Safely unload building products and multiple bundles of shingles from conveyor boom from first or second story rooftop
- In certain instances where rooftop delivery is not feasible, the roof loader will provide support to the driver by assisting with ground drop operations at the designated job site
- Verify order contents prior to loading them onto the delivery truck
- Assist with delivery operations
- Demonstrate a daily commitment to safety and adhere diligently to all safety protocols, while always wearing appropriate PPE
What you will bring:
- Access to a reliable mode of transportation to commute to branch location
- Spanish bilingual proficiency a plus
- Attention to detail
- Strong commitment to learn and follow all safety procedures
- Passion for thriving in a physically demanding, outdoor work setting