est. per hourPar Mar Oil Company • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Lead Associate - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$34 per hour
| 3363 State Route 376
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Position: Lead Customer Service Associate
Reports to: Store Manager/Assistant Manager
Purpose of Position: To provide excellent customer service in a manner which exceeds Company Goals and Expectations of Total Quality Service to our Guests. Assist Store Management in day-to-day store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager, the Lead Customer Service Associate will be the person of responsibility providing support and leadership. The Lead will direct CSA’s on assigned tasks required, follow up and provide feedback.
- Availability: Must be available to work various shifts including evenings and weekends as required by Store Management in order to provide exceptional customer service.
- Driving on Company Business: Consistently maintain and provide a current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance on a vehicle you will be using to drive for company purposes including but not limited to: banking, gas surveys, or other company duties as directed by the Manager. To be considered for, or remain in the Lead Customer Service Associate position, you must have the items required above in addition to a signed “Statement of Understanding” recognizing that you are aware of said requirements.
- Safety: Actively practice and enforce all safety measures to ensure a safe work environment is maintained in a manner which protects company assets, employees and Guests. In the event of an employee or guest injury, ensure that an Incident Report is immediately and properly filled out then communicated with Store Management.
- Guests: Greet and Welcome each Guest to Par Mar with the proper greeting: Good (morning, afternoon or evening), Welcome to Par Mar. Acknowledge a Guest leaving the store by using an exit statement such as: “Thank you, please come again, have a nice day.” Set the example and ensure that fellow employees are doing the same. Ensure a high standard of Guest satisfaction is maintained at all times through prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service in all areas of the store, not exclusive to the check-out area. Respond quickly with courtesy and professionalism when resolving guest complaints on your shift. Report any customer dissatisfaction with Store Management.
- Image: Maintain a Store Atmosphere which is consistent with the Company Standards for Professionalism, Image and Total Quality Guest Service, Above and Beyond. Immediately address any employee who is not in proper dress code, including but not limited to: name badge, proper attire, apron, gloves, hat, footwear, Jewelry (facial or otherwise per Brand) or general appearance in violation of company Policy. Develop and maintain a professional image as a member of the company management team, supporting the Company Image, in actions and words at all times. Display a consistent team oriented demeanor at all times by maintaining clear channels of communications open with Store Management, fellow co-workers, employees and Guests in compliance with Company policies. Ensure all decisions regarding employees, company issues, Guest Service, laws, rules, regulations and safety are made from an objective analysis of the situation and the stated position of the Company. Store Exterior: Maintain a clean and attractive exterior of the store location by consistently wiping down dispensers, removing excessive signage from windows, cleaning windows, keeping counter areas which can be viewed from the outside neat and orderly and sweeping the lot on a daily basis. Store Interior: Maintain the interior of the store in a clean and attractive manner, daily by completing all tasks on the shift duty checklist. Ensure the office is neat, clean, organized and all confidential information is secured at all times. Maintain all island supplies and keep debris out of customers view with trash being emptied every shift. As Lead Customer Service Associate, ensure that all cleaning/maintenance tasks assigned by Store Management are completed by end of shift.
- Training: Maintain and increase personal knowledge base by completing approved online and other available training applicable to this position and the company direction. Assist Store Management by training and retraining store level employees in a manner consistent with Par Mar Goals, Policies, Procedures and Image. Train and direct employees in utilizing and maintaining the “Manager’s Redbook” that controls daily shift functions and acts as communication tool for all employees. Utilize the “Manager’s Redbook” according to company policy.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all laws pertaining to compliance with applicable rules, regulations and necessary controls, including but not limited to: lottery, alcohol, tobacco, health, fuel regulations, etc. Follow, promote and enforce the Company Policies and Procedures at all times in a manner which supports the Company Mission Statement and Image Standards. Report any Policy discrepancies to the Store Management. Smoking: Smoking any form of tobacco product is prohibited in Par Mar Stores including in front of ANY Par Mar Store entrance. It is not permitted according to Local, State and Federal Laws and Regulations. Enforce and report any Policy discrepancies to Store Management. Alcohol: It is the policy of Par Mar Stores to support its employees in complying with all federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding the sale and use of alcoholic beverages. Enforce and report any Policy discrepancies to Store Management.
- Loss Prevention: Effectively control loss prevention by following company policies and procedures and practice honesty in the workplace at all times and reporting all dishonest findings to Store Management. Assist Store Management by completing Full Cigarette/Tobacco/Lottery Counts. A minimum of five Scan counts to be completed each week. Complete assigned paperwork in an accurate, neat and timely manner which exhibits a high level of expertise. Have full knowledge and be accurate and punctual with daily paperwork and bank deposits. Assist Store Management by looking for discrepancies by observing loss trends utilizing reports and viewing video. Ensure the accurate handling of company assets, including but not limited to: cash over/shorts, inventory shrink, merchandise handing, store profitability, minimizing controllable store expenses and Guest service in accordance with Company Standards. Report all dishonest findings to the Store Management.
- Par Mar Store Promotions: Support and promote with all employees Par Mar Stores Special Promotions, Events, Facebook and branded Fuel Promotions at store level. Promote good will on behalf of Par Mar Stores by attending community events including any Loyalty Program set by the Company.
- Food Service: Maintain an attractive image in the food service area and ensure accurate handling of the Food Service Department including but not limited to: preparation, inventory, Guest Service, training, brand standards and providing the quality of food in accordance with Company Standards. Comply with State, Local and Federal laws and regulations of the governing Health Department. Secure a food handlers card where applicable by the State when prepared foods are present.
- Receiving Merchandise: Properly receive all merchandise and accurately complete all invoices pertaining to the merchandise in a manner which maximizes inventory control as stated in the Company Standards. Assist Store Management by ensuring merchandise received matches invoices.
- Vendor Procedures: Ensure proper vendor procedures are followed at all times to protect Company assets and merchandise the store in a manner which will supports Company Guest satisfaction policies and Image Standards. Verify that the merchandise matches invoices.
Requirements: PHYSICAL/MENTAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Position: Lead Customer Service Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
- Must be able to stand up to an eight (8) to ten (10) hour shift on a hard surface floor in order to perform all type of job duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds up to 3 feet high without the aid of another person, in stocking the store.
- Must be able to lift items onto a dolly and maneuver dolly into position.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment in stocking the coolers and freezers.
- Must be able to push and/or pull a mop/broom or shovel in order to clean floors, parking areas and sidewalks.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals such as gasoline, cleaning agents, and other products necessary for Guest service or cleaning the facility.
- Must be able to maintain balance and climb up to eight (8) feet on a step ladder or climb into the attic in order to stock and arrange coolers and shelves, replenish cups, ice, etc., in the fountain area and changing signs.
- Must be able to bend, twist and reach in order to perform various job functions such as washing windows and gas pumps, stocking shelves, coolers and fountain areas and picking up trash.
- Must be able to handle a variety of shapes, sizes, and textures. Items handled include, but are not limited to: stock items, money, credit cards, supplies and paper work.
- Must be able to use fingers bilaterally and unilaterally: A. The fingers are used bilaterally to count money, unload boxes, operate machines/equipment and to perform various other job functions. B. The fingers are used unilaterally to punch in prices on the cash register and computer.
- Must be able to have corrected hearing to listen to: A. The needs and direction from management; B. The needs of Guests; and C. The environment to be aware of surroundings.
- Must be able to have corrected vision to: A. Be aware of surroundings and location of products and Guests; B. Identify colors and descriptions of automobiles at gas pumps; and C. Count money, read price tags, cash register and gas pumps and perform job duties.
- Environmental conditions: must be able to work around various odors, dust and fumes in a mostly moderate temperature, except for extreme cold below 40 degrees in refrigerator/coolers or the drive in winter conditions.
- Must be able to have dexterity to perform repetitive tasks and force in the use of deli meat slicers and knives in a safe manner which meets company standards.
- Must be able to understand and use all safety equipment when using a slicer and cleaning machinery.
- Must be able to perform tanks inventory by reading the fuel tanks manually by lifting the 20-30 pound lids off the tank by using a screwdriver then “sticking” the tanks or by inserting the tool into the lid and accurately reading the measurement.
- Must not be short-tempered and must be slow to anger and able to respond in a calm demeanor in stressful situations such as dealing with Guests who may be dissatisfied or emergencies.
- Must be alert and able to identify a hazard in order to avoid it by reporting immediately, or if necessary, take immediate corrective measures.
- Must not be impaired in anyway due to: A. the use of drugs (legal or illegal), B. alcohol use, or C. in any other way, which may affect the employee’s ability to act and/or react in a manner that will ensure their safety, the safety of other employees, Guests and the assets of the company.
- Must be able to physically react in an immediate manner to emergencies such as fires, fuel spills, robberies or other life threatening situations.
- Driving on Company Business: Consistently maintain and provide a current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.