The job below is no longer available.
est. per hourFox Rehabilitation • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Milton Hershey School • 30d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Starting at $16.00
Verified per hourTTEC • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCheckers • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
•30 days ago
About this job
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Medication Use: Responsible for the creation and development of an evidence based, best practice medication use system with impact considerations for the WellStar Pharmacies across the system.
- Strategic Planning: Involvement in the hospital?s strategic planning for patient-centered care. Utilizes his/her expertise to improve patient care and patient safety.
- Technology: Optimizes the use of information system and technology in the WellStar system to lead the hospital to maximize safety, efficacy, and efficiency of the medication use system.
- Quality and Performance Improvement: The Director will be involved with all performance improvement committees/activities.
- Drug-Utilization: Takes a leadership role in the hospital system to develop drug-utilization and formulary initiatives.
- Financial: Leads the hospital pharmacy financial initiatives.
- Regulatory: Responsible for the Pharmacy Department?s compliance with Regulatory Agency rules, regulations and standards (e.g. Georgia State Board of Pharmacy, Georgia Drugs and Narcotics Agency, DEA, FDA, TJC, etc.):
- Human Resources: Manages the hospital pharmacy?s human resources.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited School/College of Pharmacy required is required; PharmD is preferred.
- Advanced Management degree (MBA or MHA) is preferred.
- Completion of a Pharmacy Residency Program is preferred.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Registered Pharmacist
- Actively licensed and in good standing (no restrictions) with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy is required
Required Minimum Experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the specialized functions of a hospital pharmacy is required.
- Minimum 7 years in hospital pharmacy practice is required.
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisor/manager/director of hospital pharmacy role is required.
- General knowledge of hospital financial systems (responsibility reports, budgetary process, billing programs, etc) is required.
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement is required.
- Expereince with 340B Drug Pricing Plan highly desireable is required.
- Knowledge of the various pharmacy technologies available is required.
- Knowledge of computerized pharmacy systems; preferably hospital pharmacy based computer systems is required.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulatory guidelines governing pharmaceutical practice and the use of controlled substances is required.
Required Minimum Skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Ability to supervise both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Ability to work with other Hospital and System leaders
- Ability to address Medical Staff Leaders on issues pertaining to pharmacy
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Strong customer service attitude
- Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to think/act independently as required by situation; adept at change management