The job below is no longer available.
est. per hourStaples • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourDescartes Systems LLC • 30d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourAramark • 10h ago Just posted Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hour
Executive Director, Facilities Engineering - Full-time / Part-time
•30 days ago
About this job
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Supervise (directly and indirectly) of all Facilities Engineering personnel to insure all Facilities Engineering systems operate properly
* Ensure Facilities Engineering staff utilizing performance management and regular communication
* Update and create departmental policies and procedures as required
* Direct the Facilities Engineering office operations including the Computerized Maintenance Management System, Facilities Blueprints, As-Built Drawings and Shop Drawings
* Establish and maintain a building maintenance program for all buildings on the Windy Hill and WellStar Corporate offices/campuses and WellStar Medical Group offices
* Establish and maintain a building maintenance program for the East Cobb Health Park
* Ensure all contractors working on the Windy Hill and WellStar Corporate offices/campuses and WellStar Medical Group offices are in compliance with all OSHA, Life Safety Codes, NFPA and other applicable codes and standards
* In conjunction with the SVP Windy Hill Hospital President, AVP of Finance/Operations, and SVP Real Estate, Facilities and Development, develop and maintain a strategic multi-year campus/facility Master Plan to ensure all facility equipment and systems remain up to date and functional
* Submit capital planning (short and long term) for building equipment and systems is annually
* Maintain major building equipment and sure it is in working order
* Review construction documents for compliance with WellStar standards related to plumbing, electrical and HVAC. Coordinates recommended changes to construction document with A&E team
* Approve As-Built and close-out documents as accurate and complete
* Coordinate System engineers and architects to create ?punch lists? of construction projects prior to final project closeout and for ensuring Facilities Engineering participation in the final inspection of all construction projects
* Prepare and submit weekly project status report of department?s special projects
* Evaluate, update, and implement changes to improve energy conservation
* Manage the building maintenance program for all buildings on the Windy Hill Campus, WellStar Corporate offices/campuses, WellStar Medical Group office, and the East Cobb Health Park (ECHP)
* Ensure needed repairs are performed in a timely and efficient manner
* Advises the Administration of any major utility or system problem that is of substantial nature and is directly responsible for directing necessary repairs to ensure functionality
* Takes ?on call? responsibilities and performs follow-up with written reports
* Maintain the physical appearance of all buildings for which she/he is responsible
* Assure proper maintenance and appearance of Windy Hill Hospital, ECHP, WellStar Corporate offices/campuses and WellStar Medical Group office?s grounds and signage
* Ensure Environmental Services is managed at Windy Hill Hospital, ECHP, WellStar Corporate offices/campuses and WellStar Medical Group offices
* Responsible for the departmental requirements of the Joint Commission Environment of Care Standards to include a current and accurate Statement of Conditions and a PFI completion schedule in accordance with Joint Commission guidelines
* Maintain a working knowledge of Joint Commission Standards, NFPA Codes, Hospital Guidelines for Construction and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Systems
* Maintain programs designed to keep the facility in compliance with NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
* Ensure the emergency generators are exercised in accordance to Joint Commission guidelines
* Manage the departmental operational budgets
* Managing approved capital items with a current and accurate balance
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 10 years total related experience including five (5) years of leadership experience with at least two years of direct supervisory and management experience is required.
- Experience in Facilities and Plant Operational / Maintenance at Joint Commission (TJC) Accredited is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in construction project management, installation and maintenance of equipment, maintenance of building and grounds and utility system is necessary is required.
Required Minimum Skills
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of state and local codes as well as an extensive background in TJC codes and standards.
- Must be able to manage a comprehensive program to ensure a safe work environment for patients, visitors, and physicians and staff.
- This individual must ensure compliance with OSHA, Life Safety Codes.
- NFPA, and applicable codes and standards.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- CHFM, Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager required or must obtain within two (2) years of start in the role.