Senior Cyber Security Systems Engineer
| Estimated Pay ||$65 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Own Your Future. Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Systems Engineer in Dayton, OH.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit .
MTSI is currently seeking a Senior Cyber Security Systems Engineer to support our Air Force Life Cycle Management Center customer at WPAFB, OH. The Senior Cyber Security Systems Engineer will provide security engineering, assessment, and weapon systems security oversight activities that support complex weapon systems. Their primary function will be to work with Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DOD), Headquarters United States Air Force, and MTSI Operations. The position will provide direct security engineering support to the Air Force acquisition community throughout the system development lifecycle (SDLC). This position will be co-located with the customer at WPAFB, OH. The position may include occasional travel.
• Understanding operational needs of systems at varied stages of the SDLC through participation in acquisition meetings (PMR, PDR, CDR, etc.) and concept of operation (CONOP) working groups.
• Designing and developing security requirements that drive down risk while maintaining operational capability.
• Working between architecture-level and implementation-level engineering meetings to maintain a system-wide view of security functions and apply risk mitigation strategies at the appropriate level.
• Guiding and verifying defense contractors’ work against program requirements and goals. This includes participating in technical discussions, trade studies and working groups, and conducting research on industry best practices for potential implementation.
• Interfacing with program managers to explain security goals and mitigations relative to their priorities of cost and schedule.
• Selecting and tailoring controls from the NIST SP 800-53 control catalog in view of system needs and constraints.
• Reviewing system and network artifacts and conduct assessments against selected control baselines.
• Creating ATO Bodies of Evidence to submit to the SCA/R
• Evaluating software and hardware prior to entry to networks.
• Coordinating with USAF testing community for cybersecurity penetration testing (Red Team / Blue Team) as required.
• Must have a minimum 10 years of cyber security or related technical experience.
• Must possess an IAM Level II certification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related discipline.
• Must have experience with Platform Information Technology (PIT) Cybersecurity processes.
• Must have a firm understanding of the DoD 8500.1-M, Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53
• Must have a demonstrated ability to assess and articulate risk, including to non-technical audiences.
• Must have a demonstrated history finding unique mitigations to varied systems’ security challenges.
• Must have strong research skills and a desire to learn new (emerging OR existing but unfamiliar) technologies.
• Must have strong communication skills, written and oral.
• Must have at least a Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
• Experience working with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS).
• Network design experience a plus.
• TS/SCI clearance.
Security Clearance Level Required: Secret immediately; must be capable of upgrading to TS/SCI
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.