Community Transport Driver
| Verified Pay
|$17.50 - $18.50 per hour
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
The company is a Pennsylvania regional public transportation provider, that offers a variety of transportation services to the residents of Adams, Columbia, Cumberland, Franklin, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Snyder, Union, and York Counties.
This position reports to the Site Manager/Operations Supervisor. This position receives 3 weeks of training and general supervision and works according to SRTA standards.
$17.50/hr with a regular driver's license
$18.50/hr with CDL Class A or B, Passenger Endorsement, Air Brake Restriction Lifted
*WEEKLY* paycheck & great benefit package!
- Operating an assigned van/bus to transport passengers in a safe, courteous, and professional manner according to the daily manifest schedule, which is subject to change throughout the day
- Working variable shifts, irregular hours, and is available to work overtime or safety emergency response
- General servicing of vehicles, including general and detail cleaning, shuttling and fueling vehicles in accordance with the Maintenance Plan and other SRTA procedures.
- Preparing for your daily run by reporting to dispatch at your scheduled time in physical condition to fulfill the essential functions of driving a vehicle and adhering to the dress code
- Ensuring the vehicle is safe and reliable prior to operation by conducting an inspection, completing a daily pre- and post-trip inspection checklist on the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR), and, if necessary, completing a non-compliance report and returning it to the Dispatcher or Supervisor for resolution.
- Maintaining safe conditions by complying with traffic regulations, observing traffic conditions, avoiding dangerous situations, and enforcing passenger safety/conduct rules.
- Following proper emergency procedures in the event of an accident, safety, and or passenger incident by following established procedures, including, but not limited to, notifying the dispatcher or supervisor, securing the accident/safety incident scene, tending to passengers, obtaining witness cards, deferring media statements to proper channels, and completing an accident report
- Reviewing critical incidents and exceptions to policy and/or goal achievement with Supervisor.
- Valid Driver's License
- Open availability to work during ANY our operating hours: Monday thru Saturday 3:30 AM - 11 PM, as weekly repeating work schedule is not assigned/chosen until after new hire has completed
- This is a safety-sensitive position subject to US DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, and return to duty testing
- Prefer High School diploma or GED equivalent
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce.