CVOR Technologist - $30-54 per hour
| Falls Church, VA, United States
Falls Church, Virginia
About this job
Inova Health System is seeking a CVOR Technologist for a job in Falls Church, Virginia.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: CVOR Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
The Cardiovascular Operating Room at Inova Fairfax is looking for an experienced Surgical Technologist to specialize in Cardiovascular Surgery. The CVORs are state of the art with Stryker integrated video and a Philips (Single Plane) Hybrid OR with a total of 7 operating rooms serving all cardiac surgery needs including thoracic organ transplant (heart and lung), mechanical circulatory support, structural heart, congenital, and advanced aortic surgery. Our program is the 9th busiest heart transplant program in the country. Must be able to work full time Friday/Saturday/Sunday or Saturday/Sunday/Monday (Three consecutive 12 hour shifts, totaling 72 hours per pay period). There is a premium weekend differential for this schedule. This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance.
The Surgical Technologist 3 demonstrates superior knowledge of aseptic and surgical techniques in the role of the first scrub. Anticipates need for unscheduled procedures or unanticipated turn of events during a surgical procedure. Supports Leadership team and demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
- Anticipates need for unscheduled procedures or unanticipated turn of events during a surgical procedure.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge in stressful and emergency situations.
- Assists with the flow of daily operating room schedule by readily accepting assignments/reassignments.
- Demonstrates awareness of and commitment to professional and leadership responsibilities. Demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Accepts responsibility for judgements and actions.
- Supports and participates in departmental goals, educational programs, and QI process.
- Presents both formal and informal educational sessions within the Perioperative/Anesthesia departments.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of aseptic and surgical techniques in the role of first scrub. Demonstrates superior knowledge of normal and pathological A&P.
- Serves as a resource in at least 3 specialty areas/procedures. Acts as a resource person for specialty cases and assumes responsibility for management of specialty equipment and instrumentation.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot specialty equipment.
- Performs the primary preceptor role for inexperienced Surgical Tech staff and acts as a secondary preceptor for orienting perioperative nursing staff.
- Supports other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Education: Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Required Experience: 2 years’ experience as a Surgical Technologist
- Required Certification/License:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) via NBSTSA or Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) via NCCT
- BLS via AHA required
- Surgical Technologist registration required
- Must be eligible for Surgical Technologist registration via Commonwealth of Virginia at time of hire. Registration must be completed within 6 months of hire.
Inova Job ID #644401. Posted job title: surgical technologist 3 cvor wkend prem