est. per hourDuke Manufacturing • 21h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourDuke Manufacturing • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Key Account Manager I - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$14 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Key Accounts. The Key Account Manager I develops and maintains superior relationships with our large commercial, industrial and municipal customer accounts including both executive, government leaders and operators to promote growth and customer loyalty through excellent service. This role is also responsible for new growth in our territories through partnering with state and local economic development agencies. The Key Account Manager I needs to be proactive in recognizing customer needs and providing innovative solutions to meet those needs whether it be for growth, service or retention. The service needs may include, but are not limited to: project management, billing/metering issues, power quality support, planned and unplanned outages, promoting energy efficiency projects, and other account management functions. This role identifies opportunities to enhance the communities we serve by individually participating and providing opportunities for other employees to participate in functions that reflect our company values. This role can require knowledge of multiple commodities including electric, gas and water.
- Work directly with large and strategic commercial & industrial and municipal customers to assess natural gas, electric and / or water opportunities and develop a comprehensive sales proposal. Identify and sell Energy Efficiency opportunities.
- Represent the company in targeted local/regional trade and business shows.
- Work with state and local economic development organizations to assist in selling to large new customers
- Proactive engagement with customers to monitor and manage customer satisfaction to drive loyalty
- Advanced level of both verbal and written communication skills with a variety of internal and external customers, conflict resolution abilities, and active listening skills.
- A high degree of utility knowledge and theory across commodities in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Responsible for providing timely information to key customers during emergencies on and off hours so that our key customers can make informed business decisions. This includes 24/7 support during on-call or prolonged outage scenarios.
- Represent and advocate customer needs with internal departments when required, by directing issues to the proper channels for resolution improving customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for timely reporting of growth goals to senior management.
- Must have advanced understanding of innovative products, customer programs and offerings.
- Single point of contact accountability of assigned Managed Accounts
- Must be able to accurately estimate customer load and CIACs and review other employees' calculations for accuracy in accordance with rates and regulatory policy.
- Review and approve extension agreements to ensure policy interpretation is followed.
- Project manage key and municipal service requests by working directly with internal and external customers to provide quality service installations within specified agreed to timeframe.
- Initiate community meetings to facilitate productive communication between the company and the communities we serve, including community outreach, special permitting, and answering questions.
- Represent the company at business and community events.
- Create and organize employee volunteer opportunities to enhance the communities the company serves.
- Coach and mentor team members and other employees to ensure project deadlines are met, processes are followed and opportunities are addressed.
- Communication skills include making decisions on operational, tactical or short term strategic issues through discussion and compromise. Influencing decision making or effect change without direct exercise of authority.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of Management and overall experience.
- Physical Job Demands including some standing, walking, occasionally lifting up to 10 lbs. and/or pushing or pulling
- Position territory includes regular travel to the following areas; Keokuk, Iowa. Nevada, Butler, Clinton, Sedalia, Marshall, Henrietta, Platte City, Maryville, Chillicothe, Kirksville, and Hannibal in Missouri. Candidate must live near one of these office locations with the exception of Nevada and Maryville in Missouri and Keokuk, Iowa."
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billionof assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged - Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our "Think Global, Act Local" business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.