Retail Sales Associate - 2933
| Verified Pay
|$16.80 - $18.30 per hour
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
We are currently looking for the right full-time Retail Sales Associate to join our Team!
Are you ready to take back your early mornings and late nights on weeknights AND WEEKENDS?
Our store is open: 9AM - 7PM Monday thru Saturday and 12PM - 5PM on Sunday.
Our Retail Sales Associate working hours provide a real work-life balance!
Starting base pay is $16.80 - $18.30 per hour, PLUS potential to earn unlimited commission of 2-8% of the gross profit of all personal performance. Commission increases as you build your customer base!
FirstCash Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental and other voluntary options (eligibility required)
- Employee 401K Program (6 months of service/21yrs of age or older)
- VACATION: Employees are granted one-week of paid vacation after completing six-months of active, full-time service. Eligible employees are provided an additional week (40 hours) of vacation after completing one-year of active employment and 2 weeks (80 hours) of vacation on each anniversary date thereafter (*if applicable, PTO/Vacation grant is adjusted in accordance with state/local municipality requirements).
- SICK/PERSONAL: Eligible employees are granted 8 hours (after 6 months of employment) to be used before their first anniversary and granted 16 hours each anniversary thereafter (years 2-10) (if applicable, sick time is adjusted and granted in accordance with state/local municipality requirements).
- Tuition Reimbursement is available to full time employees who meet minimum program requirements.
- Employee discounts are available to all employees on first day of active employment
- Our Earned Wage Access program is available to all employees on second day of employment. Employees have access to withdraw (up to) 50% of the wages earned up to five times in a monthly cycle.
We are seeking entry-level sales associates. This position is an entry-level sales position in our pawn store locations nationwide. The Pawnbroker / Retail Sales Associate partners with the entire staff of the store to ensure customer service on both the lending and retail side of the business. A Pawnbroker/Retail Sales Associate greets, engages, and interacts with customers in a positive and professional manner to process sales, loans and other transactions. A Pawnbroker / Retail Sales Associate thrives on engaging with customers, assists with customer inquiries and problem resolution. Associates will work with a wide variety of jewelry and general merchandise, to include tools, electronics, firearms (in FFL locations) and much more.
The Pawnbroker / Retail Sales Associate offers an hourly wage, PLUS employees earn commission based on productivity! The successful Pawnbroker's / Retail Sales Associate's actual pay will be based on various factors, such as: work location, qualification and experience.
Responsibilities of a Pawnbroker / Retail Sales Associate are:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the Pawnbroker / Retail Sales Associate position may be asked to perform and is not all-inclusive; other duties may be assigned as needed.)
- Greets and interacts with all customers to develop a rapport to better help provide and recommend appropriate financial solutions
- Performs non-management open/close procedures
- Keeps sales floor clean, stocked and maintains display of merchandise
- Performs sales and loan transactions in accordance with established policies, procedures, practices and regulatory requirements
- Handles all cash and negotiable items in accordance with established policies, procedures, practices and regulatory requirements
- Answers incoming calls per company standards
- Effectively communicates to customers the legal aspects of the pawn and buy transactions
- Communicates effectively with coworkers and managers, displaying respect and using effective communication tools
- Partners with all employees to create a positive and memorable customer experience
- Successfully completes assigned training
- Other related duties, as assigned
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be willing and able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to perform duties and tasks for extended periods of time (in accordance with federal, state, local law) some of which include, but are not limited to, standing, stooping, walking, climbing, pushing, pulling and lifting.
- Ability to work with firearms and to become firearms certified.
- Employees may be asked to assist a customer on the exterior of the building (within our parking lots and/or property boundaries) or to retrieve products stored in exterior storage buildings or other areas.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Strong desire to work, serve customers, work with people, and be team oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform basic math calculations proficiently
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Should be able to work in multiple locations, as business needs dictate.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible retail schedule based on business needs, including weekends and holidays.
- Computer literate and able to operate Point of Sales (POS) system and common office machines
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply!
Note: The information contained in this description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this job or the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management has the discretion to assign/reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
FirstCash Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer