Verified per yearRESOURCE PLUS OF NORTH FLORIDA INC • 5h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPiesanos Stone Fired Pizza • 2d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourDenny's Inc • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPiesanos Tallahassee LLC • 5h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Gateway Foundation Inc • 2h ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSchulte Companies • 2d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- WTW • 23d ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourHHB Restaurant Recruiting • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourGecko Hospitality • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Assistant Branch Manager
| Estimated Pay
|$36 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement--available to all full and part time employees. Part time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We encourage you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union's family of employees.Assistant Branch ManagerACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT The Assistant Branch Manager's responsibilities are to coach, develop and lead branch employees to obtain individual, branch and organizational growth goals while delivering an exceptional member service experience. This is a key position and is intended to convey to members a professional image of VyStar. The Assistant Branch Manager will work to develop and encourage strong team participation within the Member Services area to obtain individual, branch and organizational growth goals. Fosters a positive can-do attitude to successfully motivate staff to strive towards goal objectives by understanding and supporting the credit union's yearly business plan and their branch's relationship building and service objectives. Maintains a high level of participation within the VyStar leadership team and promotes reinforcement and support of decisions rendered by the credit union and/or management. Successfully establishes strong member (personal and business) relationships and teaches relationship building techniques to member service staff. Responsible for managing the member service staff and the branch's financial and relationship building success. Understands ramifications of errors may subject the credit union to losses and/or litigation. Adheres to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors associated with VyStar Excellence. Under limited supervision has the following responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Primary responsibilities are to assist the Branch Vice President (BVP) ensure the day-to-day branch operations and branch associates are providing consistent, high level quality service to our members while achieving the organization's overall strategic goals and profitability requirements are being met or exceeded.
- Embrace VyStar's Standards of Excellence and mentor employees to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors of VyStar Excellence to successfully establish strong member relationships.
- Develop staff to accomplish internal succession planning for all future non-management and management positions within the branch network and other lines of business.
- In partnership with the BVP, develop a strategic branch plan to execute on branch initiatives consistent with VyStar's annual business plan and strategic vision.
- Lead by example in creating an inclusive and professional environment where all team members are respected, and diversity is valued.
- Demonstrate genuine care for every team member, taking the initiative to coach, assist, and lead others.
- Assist the BVP in ensuring the success of other key departments within VyStar Credit Union that are dependent upon referrals, including Mortgage, Business Services, VyStar Investment Services and VyStar Insurance Services. This activity is an output of VyStar Excellence behaviors that meet and exceed the financial needs of our members.
- Establishes performance objectives and expectations for the branch that are consistent with VyStar Excellence and the branch dashboard results.
- Oversees and audits all areas of branch operations through the Branch Self-Monitoring Program (SMP) to ensure compliance with regulations, credit union policies and procedures.
- Actively identify, coach, develop, motivate and support employees so that they can provide superior service to every member. by providing training, coaching, and motivation.
- Ability to effectively conduct and coach quality conversations with members and potential members, ask questions, listen carefully and make the appropriate product and service recommendations and/or referrals to branch partners.
- Uses each member interactions and observations to strengthen and enhance the member experience through proactive quality conversations and relationship building efforts.
- Resolves member concerns independently and escalates more complex concerns.
- Create and implement branch-specific strategies to grow the business using a value-added, relationship-oriented approach to acquire and deepening member relationships across all business lines and referrals.
- Exhibit a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, and professionalism at all times
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Focus Focus on engaging each member personally.
- Connect Connect with each member to establish trust.
- Understand Understand to learn what's most important to each member.
- Counsel Counsel to educate each member on available options.
- Advance Advance by recommending the best solutions.
- High school Diploma/GED is required
- Associates degree is strongly preferred
- 2-3+ years' experience in a sales and/or customer service position, community service, military service, asking questions, offering recommendations and making referrals is required, preferably with a financial institution.
- Two years in a leadership or supervisory position is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A congenial attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills and the ability to relate well with others are required.
- Must possess strong teaching and mentoring skills and a commitment to quality service.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment and have a strong desire to assist members in meeting their financial needs.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
VyStar Credit Union is not seeking outside assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Any resumes submitted by an outside vendor to any employee at VyStar via e-mail, internet, or directly to hiring managers without a valid written search agreement with the Talent Acquisition / HR department will be deemed the sole property of VyStar Credit Union.
No placement fee will be paid if a candidate is hired as a result of the referral, or through other means.
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our current job opening. Your resume will be carefully reviewed against the position requirements. Should your experience and skills match, you will be contacted by one of our Human Resources department staff members.
Thank you again for your interest in this position!
VyStar Credit Union Human Resources