est. per hourHCA Florida Ocala Hospital • 5h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourHCA North Florida Division • 4h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourTalenz Healthcare • 4h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourWeCare Staffing Solutions Inc • 2h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourTitan Placement Group • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN
| Estimated Pay
|$30 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Ocala Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs may include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - PRN / Per Diem / As Needed
The Respiratory Therapist coordinates and delivers high-quality, patient-centered respiratory care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. As a vital part of the patient care team, the Respiratory Therapist performs a variety of diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and monitors patients receiving invasive and noninvasive mechanical ventilation.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform and document patient assessment, including breath sounds, airway patency, and cuff pressure. You will conduct diagnostic procedures to evaluate the need for, and response to, respiratory therapy.
- You will administer respiratory care therapies, including oxygen delivery, aerosol medication delivery, and chest physiotherapy.
- You will assist with placement of artificial airways. You will initiate, monitor, and maintain mechanical ventilation.
- You will monitor patient for therapeutic response. You will notify provider and intervene as appropriate in the event of an unintended response.
- You will assist with transportation of ventilator-dependent patients.
- You will respond to emergent patient situations and ensure airway integrity and adequate ventilation during resuscitation as required.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- State Registered Respiratory Therapist, or RRT/Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT / RCP)
- Associate Degree, or Vocational School Graduate
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital is a 288-bed facility. We are located in the heart of Ocala, Florida. Our hospital is a part of Ocala Health. We are home to Florida West Marion Hospital, HCA Florida Summerfield Emergency, HCA Florida Maricamp Emergency and HCA Florida Trailwinds Village Emergency. Our facility is a Level II Trauma Center. We are the region's only Comprehensive Stroke Center. We are committed to patient-centered care. We offer a host of quality and award-winning services. Our services include orthopedic, cardiovascular, emergency and neurological care, robotic and weight loss surgery and rehabilitation services.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status