Nuclear Medicine Technologist - $36-54 per hour - Now Hiring
About this job
Inova Health System is seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for a job in Alexandria, Virginia.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Staff
- Student loan assistance – up to $10,000!
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child
- Retirement benefits with match from day one
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist will administer sound patient care practices according to department and hospital policies/procedures. To help achieve our mission, this role will complete ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations. Demonstrating radiation protection/safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines is of vital importance. This role will initiative self-development while maintaining equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition is expected. Providing clinical services according to Nuclear Medicine practice standards while acting as a resource to Nuclear Medicine students and other technologists is required.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent from patients or patients' charts to assist the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of the examination.
- Explains procedures to patients/families and answers any questions to ease anxiety and ensure patient cooperation.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examinations by using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile technique. Demonstrates proper technique for injection of radiopharmaceuticals under the American College of Radiology guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams while taking appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcome.
- Correctly identifies patients and their files by utilizing electronic medical records and picture archiving/communication systems while ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection procedures with shielding, collimation devices and protective shielding per supervisor observation. Maintains exposure reading within the ALARA limits.
- Adheres to department policies and protocols while ensuring all examinations are optimized for interpretation.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Nuclear Medicine principles/theory, anatomy and pathology processes by utilizing the most appropriate technique and/or positioning for optimal examinations.
- Work schedule: Part - time, Days, hours and sites may vary. On Call required.
- Location: Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Experience: Experience in a hospital/healthcare environment as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist/Student.
- Certification: BLS; CPR; ARRT-N or CNMT obtained within one year of hire date. NMTCB or ARRT (N) certification as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
Inova Job ID #649692. Posted job title: nuclear medicine technologist - pt - alexandria hospital